1-24-16 Debian 8.3 Jessie -- not working

Hello, I am a novice when it comes to using the BBB. I have a revC and I have just started to play around with it. I have just updated the board to the latest image from the beagleboard.org/latest-images web site, which is the Debian 8.3 “Jessie” build from 24-Jan, and I cannot get anything to work via Bonescript on this build.

Upon unboxing I had previously played around a little with blinking the on-board LEDs as per the “getting started” tutorial. Using Cloud9 I was able to run the LED3 1s “blink” cycle, set one of the GPIO pins to output a PWM wave, etc. Due to repeating problems when connecting a USB hub (for hooking up mouse & keyboard) I decided to upgrade the OS image to the above.

After performing this task, I am happy to report that the USB hub now works perfectly. However, nothing else does! And by this I mean that I cannot execute anything via Bonescript. Say, for example, I browse to the “getting started” tutorial at 127.0.0.1. There is a box that you can click that should turn on all 4 user LEDs for 2s. This box is grayed out and does not work.

And if I go to Cloud9 and try to execute anything, I get the following output in the debugger:

Grab one of these builds instead..

iot/lxqt have bonescript/etc working with v4.4.x.

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#2016-05-01

Regards,