About generic_buffer.c fail to write the current_trigger

I use BBB kernel 4.1.13-ti-r37 its always fail at current_trigger and i don’t know how to find it. Please help.

I believe triggers are no longer used, and in fact haven’t been used for a while. Which mode are you attempting to operate ? Single shot or continuous ?

I believe triggers are no longer used, and in fact haven’t been used for a while. Which mode are you attempting to operate ? Single shot or continuous ?

Also, if you’re following the TI WIKI for iio adc, then at the bottom of that page it will suggest you download and apply a patch that will bypass the use of triggers.

Read the second paragraph here where the second link is. http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/AM335x_ADC_Driver’s_Guide#To_test_ADC_on_Beaglebone:

I want to use continuous sir.

OK, this is what you want to read and understand then: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Linux_Core_ADC_User’s_Guide#Continuous_Mode

Read everything carefully. The buffer, whatever size you make it is located at /dev/iio:device0 but passed this, im not 100% sure of the buffer layout. I was able to read a single first value from the buffer, but was unable to figure out how to read passed the first value. Simply incrementing 32bits further into the buffer did not work. At this point, I got bored with using the iio adc driver, and decided to experiment with /dev/mem/ instead.

Typically though, the values read out are 32bit, but only the first 12 bits are the actual ADC reading, and then the next 4 or 5 bits is the ADC channel index value. Which is a value of 0-7, if this feature is enabled. From what I’ve seen, in continuous mode, iio always has the channel index “feature” enabled - By default. The remaining bits passed the bits used by channel index, are unused / reserved.

You can read more on this in the AM335x TRM under the touchscreen controller section which if I remember right is chapter 14.

Thank you so much . but Im struck in I cant find adc mode.