Accessing GPMC

Hello,
I am trying to read and write to gpmc s. I set the mode to the desired mode first (through sys/kernel/gpio/omap_mux ) and export the pin (through sys/class/gpio/export). it appears that export sets the value for the pin’s direction ( in/out) to a default value independent of the mode. I was wondering if anyone have any experience regarding this issue or knows which device driver to use for accessing gpmc?
Thanks,
Nazanin

nazanin pajoom wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to read and write to gpmc s. I set the mode to the desired mode first (through sys/kernel/gpio/omap_mux )
and export the pin (through sys/class/gpio/export). it appears that export sets the value for the pin's direction (
in/out) to a default value independent of the mode. I was wondering if anyone have any experience regarding this issue
or knows which device driver to use for accessing gpmc?

GPMC or GPIO? these are 2 different things

GPMC (on the expansion header). To be more clear, sys/kernel/gpio/omap_mux path, is the path to change the mode and and calling the directory as gpio is just a naming convention. From the documentation, it seems like all the pins operate as GPIOs in mode 7 and some of them operate as GPMCs in different modes.