Adding Cape Support of BBB in Beagleboard git repo

Hi,

I added a camera cape support for BeagleBone Black.I need to upload my changes in Beagleboard git repo.(github.com/beagleboard/kernel.git).Can anyone please tell me the steps for doing that?

Regards,
Maria

Either create a pull request against the 3.8/3.12 branch or post your
patches to this list..

Regards,

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your fast reply.
Can you please tell me how to post my patches to beagleboard mailing list?Is there any procedures before doing that?I am not able to create a pull request.I got a fatal remote error.I am not able to push my code to remote github repo.Can you suggest me a solution for this?

Regards,
Anitha

Hi,

I had send a pull request in 3.8 branch of beagleboard kernel (pull request #77).My code is updated in 3.8 branch now.But my changes are not updated in 3.11 or 3.12 branch.
Does any separate pull request is needed to update my changes in 3.12 branch or the beagleboard support team do it by themself?

Regards,
Anitha

Hi,

I would like to know when will be the next official release of Angstrom image for Beaglebone black.
We have developed a camera cape board (http://www.radiumboards.com/HD_Camera_Cape_for_BeagleBone_Black.php) and it support is added in 3.8 kernel beaglebone git but not yet came in Angstrom release binaries.

Thanks and Regards,
Maria

Hi Robert,

Do you have any pointers on building cape support into a custom kernel? I have built the Angstrom image and can flash it and load my .dtbo via uEnv and/or EEPROM, but I need to compile it in to the kernel to avoid the 60 second hang during boot because of the eMMC cape conflict.

I assume there’s some way of adding my .dts to the build so that it gets compiled with dtc and linked into the kernel image.

Thanks!

-W.

if you are using Roberts kernel building scripts all you need to do is add the DTS file to /KERNEL/firmware/capes and add it to the build list in /KERNEL/firmware/Makefile . Then run ./tools/rebuild.sh and ./install-kernel.sh. If you plan to distribute it you should try to get it upstream, but for testing/one off this works. I am using this method with an RS232 cape with RTS/CTS on 3.12 kernel.

OK. I just saw another posting referring to the switch to debian, so I need to re-evaluate everything!

Many thanks for the info and taking the time to reply!

-W.