ALSA questions

So far google has been no help, so if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Volume: right now taking the Master volume from 0 to 127 with amixer has a minimal effect, and 0 is still quite audible. Is there another volume setting somewhere?

Popping: a couple of seconds after playback ends, there is an audible pop from the speakers. Any hints?

So far google has been no help, so if someone could point me in the right
direction, it would be appreciated.

Volume: right now taking the Master volume from 0 to 127 with amixer has a
minimal effect, and 0 is still quite audible. Is there another volume setting
somewhere?

Popping: a couple of seconds after playback ends, there is an audible pop from
the speakers. Any hints?

If that's with 2.6.26 or newer it's ASoCs dynamic powermanagment powering down various parts of the codecs to save power. The DAPM should have pop-and-click reduction, but it might need tweaking to eliminate pops & clicks entirely.
There are patches on l-o ml floating around to expose more controls for the TWL, but I haven't tried those.

regards,

Koen

Koen Kooi wrote:

Popping: a couple of seconds after playback ends, there is an audible pop from
the speakers. Any hints?

If that's with 2.6.26 or newer it's ASoCs dynamic powermanagment powering down various parts of the codecs to save power. The DAPM should

Thanks; I ended up hacking around it - I used just enough of the ALSA API to open up a handle and leave it open, preventing the audio system from shutting off.