AM3359 Industrial Communications Engine (ICE)

Has anyone on this board messed around with the Ti TMDXICE3359 AM3359 Industrial Communications Engine (ICE) board that appears to be manufactured by CircuitCo?

http://www.ti.com/tool/tmdxice3359?DCMP=dsp-arm-iaam335x-111122&HQS=dsp-arm-iaam335x-pr-ice-tf

I’ve got a project in mind that could really leverage some of the physical features of this board, but I’m unsure of how code compatible it is with a BeagleBone. At first glance it seems like a Bone kernel should just work, but has anyone tried it? What about userspace compatibility?

Any and all input is welcome.

Best regards,

Blake

I bought one – it arrived a few days ago – but I haven’t had time to fiddle with it.

It seems that they have some demos that show how to load Profibus and CAN driver code into the PRU – that’s my main interest. Whether these can be adapted to run under Angstrom is something that I haven’t even started to investigate. My understanding is that the Profi stack requires licensing for commercial use. Unsure about the CAN and EtherCat stacks.

I am going to guess that there would be a certain amount of work bit-baking a version of Angstrom for this (even disregarding Profi, Can etc.). I would expect that there are important differences between the two boards.

One rather nice thing is that the ICE has 24 volt discrete I/O – very cool.

At any rate, if I make progress, I’ll post …

Did you make any progress on this?’

Nope.

Mine is in a box in the basement somewhere.

The literature is a little scattered. I would imagine that it could be made to run w/ sufficient determination … but that is sort of contrary to the intent of a demo platform. I think that they just tossed this out there and then lost interest.