angstrom build for beaglebone has texinfo issue

I’ve heard that the texinfo issue with eglibc was fixed some time ago but I’m seeing it on f19 64bit with git master of the angstrom setup-scripts.git:

LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C makeinfo -P /home/cmorgan/projects/angstrom-setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_12-eglibc/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/eglibc-2.16-r15+svnr20393/build-arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/manual/ --output=/home/cmorgan/projects/angstrom-setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_12-eglibc/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/eglibc-2.16-r15+svnr20393/build-arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/manual/libc.info libc.texinfo
./message.texi:1446: warning: @end should only appear at a line beginning
./stdio.texi:3138: unknown command hsep' ./stdio.texi:3138: unknown command vsep’
./creature.texi:1: warning: node Checking for Errors' is next for Feature Test Macros’ in menu but not in sectioning
./memory.texi:27: warning: node Error Messages' is prev for Memory Concepts’ in menu but not in sectioning
./memory.texi:156: warning: node next Memory Allocation' in menu Locking Pages’ and in sectioning `Resizing the Data Segment’ differ

Steps to reproduce:

git clone https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts angstrom-setup-scripts
cd angstrom-setup-scripts/
MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh config beaglebone

nano conf/local.conf # I enabled -j8 and 8 parallel steps to speed the compile

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh update

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake console-image

Not sure where to go from here…

Anyone? I tried this from work and home with the same results so I’m not thinking it is an issue with network connectivity, something I’ve seen in the past.

Chris

Oh, and fyi I’m trying to build for the beaglebone black if that wasn’t immediately obvious.

Chris

Is this problem occurring while you are attempting to build the console-image? I just finished a build a few minutes ago using the following:

This guide details the process of building a console image from the Angstrom source on an Xubuntu 12.04.3 32-bit Linux host.

Prerequisites

Then we need some additional development tools. Enter the following:

sudo apt-get install sed wget cvs subversion git-core coreutils unzip texi2html texinfo docbook-utils gawk python-pysqlite2 diffstat help2man make gcc build-essential g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath

/bin/sh (ls -l /bin/sh) is symbolically linked to dash. “dash” is a POSIX compliant shell that is much smaller than “bash”. Some broken shell scripts still make use of bash extensions while calling into /bin/sh. To work around this issue call “sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash” and select No when it asks you to install dash as /bin/sh.

Download Angstrom Distribution and Build

To download the distribution for Beaglebone enter the following commands:

cd ~/Projects

mkdir angstrom-v2012.12

cd ./angstrom-v2012.12

git clone git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git

cd setup-scripts

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh config beaglebone

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh update

In file setup-scripts/conf/local.conf modify the following line:

INHERIT += “rm_work”

to

INHERIT += “rm_work”

And to compile the console version of the distribution:

. ~/.oe/environment-angstromv2012.12

bitbake console-image

During these steps the computer must be connected to the Internet.

Or are you trying to manually compile manual pages?

Hello.

I'm connected to the internet, I haven't made the changes to INHERIT
that you have and I'm trying to build the same target. Running on
Fedora 19 here.

Would you happen to know what version of texinfo you have? I have
version 5.1 here.

Chris

Hi,

The texinfo package was installed from an Ubuntu repository and has the version number 4.13a.dfsg.1-8ubuntu. ie It is version 4.13. I suppose you have three choices, either install an older version of texinfo, use a different host or fix the problem in Angstrom.

The INHERIT change won’t alter the outcome. I’m just trying to speed up kernel rebuilds.

Did you check that bash is indeed bash and not dash?

While the v2012.12 branch builds correctly, I have had problems with v2013.06 (libpseudo issues) and v2013.12 (dtc not included in rootfs) for different reasons. I have switched from a 64-bit Mint host back to 32-bit Xubuntu host to investigate these problems.

Hope this helps …

Hello again.

I'm almost positive the issue is due to texinfo. With version 5.1 here
there have been changes that are incompatible with older man page
files, in particular the 'hsep' and 'veep' tokens.

I was able to resolve the issues I was having by switching from using
the angstrom setup-scripts.git master branch to using the v2012.06
branch, can't recall the full name right now.

Thank you for replying though, I did run into the dash issue under
Ubuntu before switching to Fedora for other reasons.

Chris

And to clarify and correct, I was wrong with the branch. It is ‘angstrom-v2013.06-yocto1.4’. I typoed the year.

Chris

I installed textinfo 4.13a from source and it took care of the problem on fedora 19. Hope that helps if you want to use v2012.12.

Hi,

Finally angstrom-v2013.06-yocto1.4 builds correctly on xubuntu 12.04.3 32-bit.

Regards