angstrom demo with 3D drivers?

Is anyone working on creating an Angstrom Demo Image with the OpenGL ES drivers in it?

Yes and no. Yes, we are working on getting 3d to work with angstrom, no we don't plan on a demo image with it since we aren't allowed to redistribute those drivers (yet).

regards,

Koen

So if I have access to the drivers from TI how can I get an Angstrom Image working with them?

So if I have access to the drivers from TI how can I get an Angstrom Image working with them?

You need the so far unreleased 1.3.x drivers to have GL working. Badger TI about those :slight_smile:

regards,

Koen

[mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Koen Kooi
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 3:02 PM
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: [beagleboard] Re: angstrom demo with 3D drivers?

> So if I have access to the drivers from TI how can I get an
Angstrom
> Image working with them?

You need the so far unreleased 1.3.x drivers to have GL working.
Badger TI about those :slight_smile:

As has been mentioned here, there are drivers at [1], but they are 1.2.x drivers. I'm working with the team to get an update with 1.3.x drivers, but they are likely still a couple weeks away. The 1.2.x drivers work with the EVM and the TI LSP (Linux Support Package) 1.0.2 kernel (based on 2.6.22 kernel). It might be possible to use this kernel with patches on Beagle, but the community development is focused on the 2.6.28 and newer kernels.

[1] https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/targetcontent/dvsdk/oslinux_dvsdk/v3_00_3530/index.html

Hi,

When you said "the community development is focused on the 2.6.28 and
newer kernels" did you mean that only the beagleboard will support
opengl or TI will also. In both case do you know the approximate date
when it will be possible to test and have access to that for EVM and
beagleboard?

Regards

kap