Angstrom Narcissus build not generating a functional full sdk

Hello,

I want to start developing a program with QT/e for my Beagleboard -Xm, therefore i downloaded a Angstrom console image with full sdk (intel 64 bit option) and the following packages 1)

when i wanted to compile my program i first sourced the environment-setup
after that i used qmake2 (wich ran fine).
next step, when using make, cc1plus complains that it can’t find libmpfr.so.1.

The strange part is that when i use the standalone SDK (from [2]) everything will just run fine (and the program will run fine on the beagleboard aswell)

The reason i want to use the generated SDK is that i want to use the gfx driver so my program wont eat up 60% of the cpu.

Can anybody help me out?

Greetings Freek

boost-dev
dropbear
ffmpeg
initscripts
libgles-omap3
libgles-omap3-rawdemos
matrix-gui
mplayer
opencv-dev
opencv-samples
opencv-samples-dev
qmake2
qt4-embedded
qt4-embedded-demos
qt4-embedded-fonts
qt4-embedded-mkspecs
qt4-embedded-plugin-gfxdriver-gfxpvregl
qt4-embedded-plugin-gfxdriver-gfxtransformed
qt4-embedded-plugin-gfxdriver-gfxvnc
qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-jpeg
qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-svg
qt4-tools
sysvinit
sysvinit-pidof
task-native-sdk
task-qte-toolchain-target
u-boot
x-load

[2]
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/toolchains/

I’m also trying to develop a program with QT/e for a BeagleBoard-xM and I’ve had some similar issues that I’m stumped with right now:

1. Using Narcissus to build Angstrom+QT based on the options at http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_on_the_BeagleBoard, Narcissus will fail to ever build the package. I get a green check at the first line, but it never proceeds down the rest of the packages, even if left overnight. I’ve tried this on IE, Firefox, Chrome, both on Windows7 and Ubuntu 11.10. With fewer options (and maybe not the SDK) it will build a package for me, so I’m not sure where it gets hung up.

2. So instead, I used a basic Narcissus build (no QT or SDK, no X11), then used opkg to install all of the packages that Narcissus listed that it would add. I got X11 up, QT SDK installed, etc. (I know X11 isn’t necessary for QT, but it made learning how to configure everything much easier for me, I can always go back and rebuild a console-only image) However, if I try to build a basic QT demo project, I get an error that there’s not a QMAKESPEC specified.

a. The environment setup file at /usr/local/angstrom/arm/environment-setup didn’t include a QMAKESPEC variable at all. I checked some of my Narcissus-built .tar.gz packages and none of them did.

b. In /usr/local/angstrom/arm/ I don’t have a mkspecs directory, whereas in Ubuntu 11.10 with QT 4.8 has it installed at /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/.

c. So I tried copying my mkspecs directory from Ubuntu over to Angstrom on my microSD card, and adding two lines to /usr/local/angstrom/arm/environment-setup that reads

Export QMAKESPEC=/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++

Export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt4

So ‘qmake2’ is successful, but when I build using make, it can’t find the Qt, QApplication, or QPushButton files that I included in my source.

So I feel like I’m close to having QT/e setup, but I’m missing a few things. Freek, where is your QMAKESPEC specified and what does it point to?

Jeremy