Angstrom source code

Hello,

Where can I download the source code for Angstrom and its patched kernel for beagle board?

Is there any list of kernel patch for the beagle board?

Someone give me some links, please…

Thanks & Best regards !!

Hello,

Where can I download the source code for Angstrom and its patched kernel for
beagle board?

You can find links on the Angstrom project page at Ångström Distribution - BeagleBoard.

Is there any list of kernel patch for the beagle board?

The kernel patch set utilized in Angstrom can be found in the source
tree at
Openembedded-Hotels, Villen, Unterkünfte in Leipzig.

Sorry, but I can't find the source code of the Angstrom file system in the project page.

I'd installed bitbake and OE in my computer. But I don't know where to download the Angstrom source code. And don't know how to make my own file system. I need to add some application in the file system (e.g. web server, gcc, or any precompiled applications).

Hope someone can help me dealing with this problem

Thanks & Best regards !!

I think your question is confusing to most Angstrom users who find the source readily available. Angstrom is a metadata-based system, with source code provided in OE itself for patching all of the sources utilized in building the file system. The package sources themselves are downloaded using the metadata from wherever the project keeps those sources. If it is the linux-omap kernel, then it pulls the sources from the linux-omap git tree. If you build a package, you can find the patched source under the tmp folder.

Take a look at: http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardAndOpenEmbeddedGit if
you want to build your own images.
Take a look at: http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/wiki/HowToGetAngstromRunning
if you want to get a demo version of Anstrom running on Beagleboard.

If you are going to build your own Angstrom images, there seem to be
two (or more) levels to build: You can build:

bitbake console-image

, or you can

bitbake beagleboard-demo-image.

The console-image will take about six hours to build (first time), and
the demo-image will take about 30 hours to build (first time).

When you get done, oe/tmp will have lots of source to explore. And
the images will be in oe/tmp/deploy/...

I have found that the demo images that Koen has posted (http://
www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard) are better than the
images that I build myself from scratch.

Best regards,
Geof

Johnny,

I assume that you installed OE per the instructions at "http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardAndOpenEmbeddedGit".

The source code is managed (retrieved, compiled, etc.) via the "bitbake" command per instructions in "bb" files. The bb files are located under "$OE_HOME/openembedded/packages" where OE_HOME is the directory where you installed OE. As you've probably noticed already there are a lot of bb files.

The OE environment is updated by running "git-pull" from within the "$OE_HOME/openembedded" directory. This will synchronize your OE with that on "git://git.openembedded.net/openembedded".

To generate the beagleboard uImage for example, you need to run "bitbake linux-omap2". This command will determine which of all the bb files knows about linux-omap2. All the linux-omap bb files are located at "$OE_HOME/org.openembedded.dev/packages/linux/". You can also execute "bitbake linux-omap" which is another branch of uImage, basically contains different mods than that on linux-omap2.

Running "bitbake linux-omap2" will go through various steps of download (if necessary) files, incorporating patches (per the appropriate bb file), compiling, etc. If all runs well then the uImage output in some intermediate location as well as in "$OE_HOME/system/angstrom/deploy/glibc/images/beagleboard/".

To create the uImage and the file system then run "bitbake linux-console". If you want to create the uImage and the file system (including the Enlightenment) the run "bitbake beagleboard-demo-image". The bb files for that execute these commands are at "$OE_HOME/org.openembedded.dev/packages/images/". The linux-console will take long to execute, but the beagleboard-demo-image will take hours (a day maybe). "bitbake beagleboard-demo-image" encountered several issues along the way, but if you search the e-mails you'll find the solutions.

When I've made changes to any of the source code I've resorted to forcing a compile or build "bitbake -f -c compile linux-omap2" followed by "bitbake -f -c build linux-omap2", for example.

I am new to bitbake and my explanations might be unorthodox, but if this is more or less the information you're looking for than maybe other can contribute more pertinent information.

Thanks.