Anyone else interested in obtaining a mikroBUS Cape ?

https://www.tigal.com/wiki/doku.php?id=tigalcapes:bb_mikrobus_cape

I want to get one, but the freight cost to get it across the ocean is double the cost of the board.
If I order one, I might get a few more to sell to folks interested in the States.

Mouser (In States) carries many if the Click boards, but doesn’t carry the adapter cape (above).

http://www.mouser.com/new/mikroelektronika/mikroelektronikaClick/

How much is the shipping? I see the base price is ~$18 including VAT. I would take 2 at this price plus a reasonable shared shipping cost.

Mark

I priced out two for me and two for you.
Since we aren’t Europe, we don’t have to pay VAT, but the shipping (carriage)
is pricey @ € 31,00.

The shipping price seems fixed for 1 or more boards up to some limit I’m sure.
I may also want to get a couple of ‘Click’ boards if the shipping doesn’t go up.

When I put in for a quantity of 10 boards the shipping went up to € 39,00 for a total of € 149,00

Products

Product Unit price Quantity Net amount

1 BeagleBone mikroBUS Cape
mikroBUS Cape for BeagleBone
€ 11,00 4 € 44,00
Subtotal € 44,00
Carriage net € 31,00
Net amount € 75,00
VAT (20%) 0
Total amount € 75,00

Shopping cart

4 BeagleBone mikroBUS Cape
Total amount: € 44,00

Ok, I can go for 2 at this price. I can do PayPal or check or … to pay you. I’ll need to cover US shipping, too. Slow boat is fine - no rush.

Mark

Mark,
I apologize, but I haven’t ordered the boards yet.
It’s been a busy week and I was making a list of a few additional items I wanted, and then I started thinking about making my own version of the TIGAL microbus cape using KICAD since it would hone up my circuit layout skills and cost about the same (I have lots of ideas for capes, but need to put them down on circuit card).
(There is a KICAD layout of the sensorcape that I could adapt)
So, I will do a bunch thinking this weekend and let you know.
Craig

Craig,

No problem. If you decide not to get the boards, that’s fine. It was more of a curiosity for me and just thought I would go along for the ride if you did it. I’d be curious about your board … :slight_smile:

Mark

Craig,

No problem. If you decide not to get the boards, that's fine. It was more of
a curiosity for me and just thought I would go along for the ride if you did
it. I'd be curious about your board ... :slight_smile:

I got one and I like it, but now I'm trying to get the out-of-box
software experience a bit easier.