Arago build environment problems

Hi,

I installed Arago build environment using the “Setting up Build Environment” wiki. When I tried to build arago-demo-image, I got an error “C compiler cannot create executable” In the config.log, I see “/usr/bin/ld cannot find –lgcc_s”. Using Google, I see that libc.so is missing. In the CodeSourcery 2007q3 lite folder, I see that indeed it does not exist. This file is however in the 2008q3 lite folder. Since the wiki specifies the 2007q3 compiler, how is this supposed to work?

Anyway, to get something working, I updated the compiler to 2008q3 and now arago-demo-image builds successfully.

Now I want to build “beagleboard-demo-image”. The Log shows that it is trying to build Linux-2.6.25.20-r2 and fails. This is strange as I don’t understand why is Arago trying to build this kernel version?

strange,
yesterday I build in OE many times.
is OE set properly?

recalcati@recalcati-laptop:/media/discone-100GB-resiserfs/oe$ ls -1
abi_version
beagleboard
bticinotestoe.out
cache
deploy
distro_pr
downloads
nfs
openembedded
opt
saved_tmpdir
staging
stamps
tmp
usr
work

Is it updated?
cd openembedded
git pull
cd ..

Make a simple build first:
bitbake bootstrap-image

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: - (6592/6592) [100 %]
NOTE: Parsing finished. 6318 cached, 0 parsed, 274 skipped, 0 masked.
NOTE: Cache is clean, not saving.
NOTE: build 200903010931: started

OE Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION = "1.8.13"
METADATA_BRANCH = "org.openembedded.dev"
METADATA_REVISION = "9c9355473122b19d129bcd76f41405964fe2a04f"
TARGET_ARCH = "arm"
TARGET_OS = "linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE = "beagleboard"
DISTRO = "angstrom"
DISTRO_VERSION = "2009.X-test-20090301"
TARGET_FPU = "hard"

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: preferred version git of u-boot not available (for item u-boot)
NOTE: preferred version git of u-boot not available (for item u-boot)
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing runqueue
NOTE: Running task 1676 of 1677 (ID: 10, /media/discone-100GB-
resiserfs/oe/openembedded/packages/images/bootstrap-image.bb,
do_rootfs)
NOTE: package bootstrap-image-1.0: started
NOTE: package bootstrap-image-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: started

Did you apply the “short term extras” including ‘tar -jxvf arago-sdk-bins/arago-csl-sdk.tar.bz2 -C /opt/arm-2007q3’? Not sure if that is where it comes from, but want to make sure you aren’t missing that step.

I know it builds find with 2007q3, so I suspect something else happened.

Arago doesn’t really support beagleboard-demo-image. Arago is focused on providing a tested subset of Angstrom. If you want ‘beagleboard-demo-image’, you probably want to be following the Angstrom instructions.

Hi,

I installed Arago build environment using the “Setting up Build Environment” wiki. When I tried to build arago-demo-image, I got an error “C compiler cannot create executable” In the config.log, I see “/usr/bin/ld cannot find –lgcc_s”. Using Google, I see that libc.so is missing. In the CodeSourcery 2007q3 lite folder, I see that indeed it does not exist. This file is however in the 2008q3 lite folder. Since the wiki specifies the 2007q3 compiler, how is this supposed to work?

Did you apply the “short term extras” including ‘tar -jxvf arago-sdk-bins/arago-csl-sdk.tar.bz2 -C /opt/arm-2007q3’? Not sure if that is where it comes from, but want to make sure you aren’t missing that step.

Yes, I did do this step, but I don’t plan to investigate any further since Arago in its current state won’t do what I want.

Anyway, to get something working, I updated the compiler to 2008q3 and now arago-demo-image builds successfully.

I know it builds find with 2007q3, so I suspect something else happened.

Now I want to build “beagleboard-demo-image”. The Log shows that it is trying to build Linux-2.6.25.20-r2 and fails. This is strange as I don’t understand why is Arago trying to build this kernel version?

Arago doesn’t really support beagleboard-demo-image. Arago is focused on providing a tested subset of Angstrom. If you want ‘beagleboard-demo-image’, you probably want to be following the Angstrom instructions.

Perhaps this should be added to the wiki so others don’t waste a day trying to get it to work.

OK, so I followed the Angstrom instructions as you suggested but it seems to choke on the bluez package:

NOTE: Running task 3904 of 6880 (ID: 6430, /home/jsynesio/oe/openembedded/packages/bluez/bluez4_4.31.bb, do_qa_configure)

NOTE: package bluez4-4.31: started

NOTE: package bluez4-4.31-r0: task do_qa_configure: started

NOTE: Checking sanity of the config.log file

NOTE: package bluez4-4.31-r0: task do_qa_configure: completed

NOTE: package bluez4-4.31: completed

NOTE: Running task 3905 of 6880 (ID: 6431, /home/jsynesio/oe/openembedded/packages/bluez/bluez4_4.31.bb, do_compile)

NOTE: package bluez4-4.31: started

NOTE: package bluez4-4.31-r0: task do_compile: started

ERROR: function do_compile failed

ERROR: see log in /home/jsynesio/oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bluez4-4.31-r0/temp/log.do_compile.557

NOTE: Task failed: /home/jsynesio/oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bluez4-4.31-r0/temp/log.do_compile.557

NOTE: package bluez4-4.31-r0: task do_compile: failed

ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting

NOTE: package bluez4-4.31: failed

ERROR: Build of /home/jsynesio/oe/openembedded/packages/bluez/bluez4_4.31.bb do_compile failed

ERROR: Task 6431 (/home/jsynesio/oe/openembedded/packages/bluez/bluez4_4.31.bb, do_compile) failed

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3904 tasks of which 1391 didn’t need to be rerun and 1 failed.

ERROR: ‘/home/jsynesio/oe/openembedded/packages/bluez/bluez4_4.31.bb’ failed

NOTE: build 200903010724: completed

Never mind, I found a reference on Beagle IRC on how to fix this problem. I rebuilt libusb-compat and now the build is continuing.

Regards,