Attention if order LVDS-Board from chalk-elec!!!

attention if you like to order LVDS -Board on
www.chalk-elec.com
this company is very dubios !!
details:
I ordered on 28.December and payed via paypal
I ordered with extra cost "DHL EXPRESS"

in 2.week in january i received nothing.
i wrote some mails , and always the answer: is sended,
i ask for the tracking number . :
today i received the mail with the tracking number bat :

i called the DHL.
1. this is not a DHL - Package !!
2. It is a Number for a german Post -Package !

I called the German Post:
1.this Number can not be find in the System
2. this Number is not Express Number , Express-Number begin not with
"R" , begin with "E"
3.normally at the End of the Number is source - Country:
on this number is DE !!! (source Germany ) not MY(Malaysia)

it is very dubios company ...
I booked my mony back today, i develop it by self , i think it is
faster
regards
robo

Anybody else have trouble with this company?

I made an order January 11 and received word that it is finally in shipment yesterday, February 2nd.

Anybody receive a product fro them?

Best Regards,

Rafael Reynoso

I ordered January 5, received it two weeks ago. I paid standard mail,
so shipping term is OK (they state 3-5 weeks on web-site).
The parcel was well packaged and it works without any problem. I think
it is very nice product for this price.

I bought 2 display kits, shipping by DHL express, and got it 1 week after shipment.
So, i had no problem with them.

I’ve placed a couple of orders with them, both items arrived as expected, plus they’ve always been responsive to my e-mails. I’m using their first LVDS+Touchscreen with my Beagleboard-xM and it’s working great.

DHL has a adequate web-site which for me has delivered exact results every time I have had a DHL T&T number to paste in.
As soon as you involve someone on the phone you add another level of potential communikation errers and confusion.

Yes It seems like many DHL International packages come in thru German custom system first, before passing on.
I have received 2 deliveries from chalk over easter hollydays and both have therefore taken 1 month.
I myself contributed by failing to ensure ordering in my company name and as private instead, adding customs + time delay and more personal delivery expences than necessary.
Chalk have given me absolutely serious and precise responses and product info support.
Like wise have DHL.
Being able to give people you call for support, as much detailed and precise information as you are, enables them automaticially to work more efficiantly so you also experience higher quality.
As far as I know here from DK is that DHL brings the parcel first to EU Customs(vat)(in Germany), and that kan simply explain, the answer you got at that moment in time and space.
Then Customs return it back into the DHL system with you as the destination this time around.

DHL has a adequate web-site which for me has delivered exact results every time I have had a DHL T&T number to paste in.
As soon as you involve someone on the phone you add another level of potential communikation errers and confusion.

Yes It seems like many DHL International packages come in thru German custom system first, before passing on.
I have received 2 deliveries from chalk over easter hollydays and both have therefore taken 1 month.
I myself contributed by failing to ensure ordering in my company name and as private instead, adding customs + time delay and more personal delivery expences than necessary.
Chalk have given me absolutely serious and precise responses and product info support.
Like wise have DHL.
Being able to give people you call for support, as much detailed and precise information as you are, enables them automaticially to work more efficiantly so you also experience higher quality.
As far as I know here from DK is that DHL brings the parcel first to EU Customs(vat)(in Germany), and that kan simply explain, the answer you got at that moment in time and space.
Then Customs return it back into the DHL system with you as the destination this time around.

I ordered the screen over a month ago and the money were sent the same day with paypal. After 3 emails they answerd me and said they will send it out within one week. 2 weeks later and I stil havent received the screen. Now a month later and no screen or money back or anything else.
DO NOT RECOMEND ever buying anything from them.

Here the same… No reply, No cash back, nothing… Bad company

If you used paypal contact paypal and file a dispute against them, they claim to be verified by paypal. Also if you used a credit card with paypal you can involve your credit card company. I would also be calling their number. For me if a company can’t even have a fully functional site, that is a good indication that they should be avoided.

Here the same… No reply, No cash back, nothing… Bad company

I ordered the HDMI to LVDS convertor Nov 30 and I haven’t received it either. Sent me shipping details Jan 16 with a tracking number for Malaysia Post, but looks like it is fake.

Hi

I'm not surprised. They do not answer on my mails neither.
Having problems with non running 10" lcd set. I invested in a brick!!!
Mike

I just got an e-mail from Andrew Lim of Chalkboard Electronics with a link
to the USPS tracking website which shows my package is in Los Angeles. I
had originally used the Malasian Post tracking website for a RR..MY
tracking number which showed nothing, but entering this tracking number
into USPS show my package was shipped. BTW, I did enter a complaint with
PayPal and perhaps that is why my package is on its way.

Regards,
John

Hey guys!

I know the director of Chalk-elec in person and gonna report about problems to him immediately.

They are good people. Don’t blame them earlier. It is not that easy to manufacture displays

Hey guys!

I know the director of Chalk-elec in person and gonna report about problems to him immediately.

They are good people. Don’t blame them earlier. It is not that easy to manufacture displays

I ordered a 10” touch display for Beagle-xM about a year ago and it arrived in about 3 weeks and worked great. I was surprised when I ordered this time and didn’t receive my order for two months, but it looks like all is well now.

Thanks for letting us know,

Regards,
John

Hello guys,

My name is Yuri, I’m CTO of ZetaOri Technologies - the parent company of ChalkElec. Maxim sent to me link to this topic, that’s how I know about these problems with supply and come here. ChalkElec has own director, and they operate independently from us since last year, but still have to report to us monthly, and we can take control of company operations. Based on what I read here, I see that situation is really bad and we should do something immediately. I will try to book tickets to Malaysia to go there and check whats happening right in place. Will provide update in couple days.

Meantime, please send your complaints directly to my email. I have no idea how many customers are awaiting for shipping, so I will appreciate if you can briefly state just important information - your full name, order #, when order has been placed, and which email you did tried to contact. Please, state “ChalkElec order# XXX” as email subject.

I apologize for all delays, silence, and any inconvenience involved. Please, give me couple days to reach Malaysia, then I will try to improve situation.

Yuri.

Hi again,

I reached Malaysia last weekend. They have national holiday (Chinese New Year), and office was opened today only. Here is short report:

1. ChalkElec just moved to new bigger building, most of stuff from old office still in boxes. They are unpacking now, going to start operation next week.

2. They also bought new SMT equipment. I saw new PnP machine and semi-automatic stencil printer. It should solve bottleneck with manufacture speed, and they will finally have stock open.

3. I inspected today their order processing system. Looks like it has bug, because some orders are missed in system, and they exist in PayPal only. So, guys were not aware about orders before customers started to write emails or open PayPal claim. I will check this in more details this week, then we will try to fix it. Regarding current customers, I requested ChalkElec to provide 2 lists with orders - one from PayPal, and another from internal order processing system. I will write simple program to compare both to find out missed orders, and we will process them manually.

4. In my last post I asked you to send your claims directly to me. So far I got just one claim. I really hope that this problem is pretty rare.

5. Also, I talked about giving any reward to customers who suffered from this problem. We agreed on providing 25% discount for next order.

I see that guys really trying to do their best. Yes, they have some problems with planning, order processing, and support. But they are learning to make business. This is tough period for them, when business grows faster than they expected. We at ZetaOri will keep an eye on them and will try to pay more attention to support and advice them on key business points.

For any future problems like this you can send claims directly to my email - I will take care to investigate and help with solving.

Hi, I sent an email but didn’t receive a response. :’(

Hi, I sent an email but didn’t receive a response. :cry:

That is strange because Yuri has followed up with me several times. I received my board January 29th, almost 2 months after I place my order, but Yuri was very proactive and checked in with me several times.

Regards,
John

Hello, I got one more email with complaint, but it was not from you. Also, just checked Spam folder, still nothing. Can you please check email address where you sent your request? Yuri.