Audio-cape eeprom dump wanted

Hey guys!

Can anybody send me a dump file from an Audio-only cape’s EEPROM? I redesign the cape from CircuitCo but it is 100% compatible with the original one and I just want it to be functional under regular BB kernel

thanks!

As I understand it, the EEPROM just contains a copy of the compiled device tree, which you already have on any up to date kernel in the /firmware directory[for example BB-BONE-AUDI-01-00A0.dtbo]

If you use one of the kernel compilation scripts, you should even have a copy of the source code in KERNEL/firmware/capes

As I know the eeprom contains the following data:
HEADER(8) HEX Value ,AA5533EE,
FORMAT REVISION(2) ASCII ,A0,
BOARD NAME ASC (32) ASCII ,BeagleBone AUDIO CAPE…,
VERSION (4) ASCII ,00A1,
MANUFACTURER (16) ASCII ,Beagleboardtoys.,
PART NUMBER (16) ASCII ,BB-BONE-AUDI-01.,
NUMBER OF PINS USED (2) HEX IN ASCII ,13,
SERIAL NUMBER(12) ASCII ,WWYYAUDInnnn,
P9-22 (2) HEX value ,0000,
P9-21 ,0000,
P9-18 ,0000,
P9-17 ,0000,
P9-42 ,0000,
P8-35 ,0000,

this is a description file, but I need a binary dump of this data obtained from a real EEPROM

The Digikey Serial cape was shipped configured to support CAN. Its marked that way and is rev A2
ITS HERE http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBone_CANBus

what I saw at least with Ubuntu and 3.8 kernel. The cape manager requested my firmware then I got this

Kernels failed to load BB-BONE-SERL-01-00A2.dtbo

I did find a version of the source for BB-BONE-SERL-01-00A2.dts in Angstrom but would have thought that the eeprom just contains “BB-BONE-SERL-01-00A2” I have yet to try compiling the source and placing it in the correct place.

If anyone knows for sure what the process is for the cape manager or where it is described that would be nice