Audio Project and Applying to GSoC

Hi,
I'm studying Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (B. Sc.) at TU Berlin. As I wrote in another thread I'm interested in building an realtime audio DSP Box. I have an B.F.A. in Filmsound which I got at Film University Babelsberg. I'm deeply interested in building audio hard and software - that's why I'm getting a second bachelor degree at TU Berlin :wink: So that project seems perfect!

I already contacted Prof. Dr. Robert Manzke from Fh Kiel who besides seeming a really nice contact gave me some hints about DSP Algorithms and proposed using DSPatched (http://flowbasedprogramming.com/DSPatch/index.html) as a foundation.

I don't want to write too much about me nor the project - because in this mail I'm more interested how I should start with applying to the project.

I did already the simple task of cross-compilation and submitted my pull request. (My github account name is hpfmn)

Is there anything more to do besides the proposal which has to be submitted to the google GSoC page? Should the proposal in any special format? Should it contain anything special?

As far as I understood I can edit the proposal after first submit - so I'm eager do submit my proposal as early as possible so that is possible to discuss the project with the beaglebone community.

Best regards,
Johannes Wegener

I have posted some comments on your Google doc:

• add some upstream repos, possibly your soundbox will allow for upstream commits to the BeagleBone kernel for ALSA mappings…

Hi,

I have posted some comments on your Google doc:

Did you post it directly on that doc - or did you mean the comment below? Because Google doesn't show me any comments on my proposal?

- add some upstream repos, possibly your soundbox will allow for upstream
commits to the BeagleBone kernel for ALSA mappings...

Ok will look into that!

Thanks so far!

That is strange, I made the edits on your Google Doc… weird, anyways, yes, think about upstreams.
Best, R