Automotive Cape

Any updates on this?

Does the board have any optoisolators on there so it can read from some 12v and 5v sensors?

Thanks,
Greg

Hi, we are progressing well with the software development and have all the blocks running and are currently debugging when they are all running concurrently. At the current HW does not have support for isolated inputs but we will look at adding the option into the final version of the hardware given the flexibility they will offer.

Marc

Awesome! Thanks.

This looks like exactly something that fits one of my project needs. Have you worked it out yet?

Hi, Yes we have worked it out and have corrected the tracking issues that we identified in the V1.
Getting some of the V2 boards made soon. Our hardware engineer is reviewing the schematics and PCB gerbers one last time before pressing the go button.

What are you thinking of doing with the board ?
I can send you more detailed pics so you can see if it is what you require ?

Thanks
Marc

Hi
I saw your youtube video of the sleep/resume process controlled by ignition. Thats exactly what I need to have.
Where can I buy your cape? How much is it?
Brg
Marcel

Any updates for the Cape? I'm curious in this as well. I've got all the componets in piece mail but its proving more difficult to combine the code and GUI...albeit that I'm an extreme novice and my skills in programming are of course, rudementary.

I have already soldered in an RS232 cable to the 16pin OBD connector and using an Arduino with CAN shield to set an automatic environment while the beaglebone boots. Once the BBB boot sequence is complete, the Arduino then reads inputs from the beaglebone and adjusts according to the user inputs. The GUI is of course proving to be very challenging for me in how I am looking to present the information from the vehicle CAN buses and GPRS, GPS, accelerometer and gyro. My intent is to match the factor skins and coloring as best I can.

It sounds awesome in theory and concept...getting the screen and functions to play out what my mind is seeing may be two different things

What's the status?

Hi All, sorry for the silence. We have not produced any capes yet as we have been talking to beagle bone about producing an variant of the BBB with more memory, accelerometer/gyro and altimeter on. This will change the form factor of the current cape design.

If there is enough interest for the current cape then we can produce in small batches but as of yet there have been 2 people and it would result in a high cost as they will be mostly hand soldered.

We could supply a kit if you are feeling brave of the PCB and components to solder ?

Marcel and Eric if you are still interested in discussing further please contact us directly.

Regards
Marc