BB - XM using Yocto

Hi,

I have created an Image using Yocto Project and Meta-ti for the BB -XM, looking at the kernel messages I saw it only brings up CPU 0. Anyone knows if its planned to bring the second CPU in new kernel versions?

The actual kernel version Im using is:
Linux beagleboard 3.14.17 #1 SMP Tue Oct 21 11:15:41 CST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

And as you can see it only brings up CP0, I dont know if this could be a problem with my DTB, although Im specifying the DTB file to load.
root@beagleboard:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpd32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc08
CPU revision : 2

Hardware : Generic OMAP36xx (Flattened Device Tree)
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

If anyone have information about this it will be a great help. Thanks
–Allan Granados

"second" cpu, since when did the xm (dm3730) grow a second cpu? :wink:

Regards,

Yep, Robert Is correct, my bad, no second CPU on DM3730

Regards
–Allan Granados

Yep, Robert Is correct, my bad, no second CPU on DM3730

Well, technically there is a second CPU, but it is a DSP CPU.

Regards,
John

Yes John, now I’m reviewing the support on the syslink recipes because part of the research I’m doing is to activate the DSP too and do something functional with it. As I was reviewing from the group Syslink is the more recommended way to integrate the DSP, as RPMSG/RemoteProc is only available for OMAP4/OMAP5.

If you think there is a better and supported way to get DSP working I appreciate your comments on it.

Thanks
–Allan Granados

Yes John, now I’m reviewing the support on the syslink recipes because part of the research I’m doing is to activate the DSP too and do something functional with it. As I was reviewing from the group Syslink is the more recommended way to integrate the DSP, as RPMSG/RemoteProc is only available for OMAP4/OMAP5.

If you think there is a better and supported way to get DSP working I appreciate your comments on it.

Yeah, unfortunately, TI dropped the ball and didn’t add RPMSG/RemoteProc for the DM3730. SysLink stopped working at about V3.4. You could contact the original author of RPMSG and see what it would take to get this working on the DM3730. The author’s details are as follows:

Ohad Ben-Cohen ohad@wizery.com

Regards,
John

Thank you very much for the contact John, I will send a message to him and get more info about this topic as you recommend and if there is any valuable I will feedback to the group.

Again thanks
–Allan Granados