BBB booting from SD card but with same contents as SD card into eMMC board is not booting.Why?

Hello,
I am using BBB with ubuntu-12.04.3-LTS(3.8.13-kernel). I was working with micro-SD card. Now I copied both boot and rootfs partition into eMMc. I checked all the permissions so permission is not issue. Exactely same copy of SD-card image is in eMMC. Still board is not booting from eMMC. What can be the issue??? Thank you.

Regards,
Kishor

there is a special flash/eMMC image of the Angstrom BBB releases so I would venture to guess there’s something other than copying over a couple of partitions.
Unless someone who knows the ins/outs of the eMMC boot flashing process chimes in, you might research what the flashing images do so to found out what you might have to tweak to get your Ubuntu system booting from eMMC.

Doug

It's not a permissions problem.. Your mmc device node changed name..
Fix your bootargs & /etc/fstab...

Look into using UUID's..

Regards,

i wrote a wiki page on that process, which should still be
reasonably up to date:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/BBB_software_update_process

rday

Is there a flash/eMMC image for Android JB 4.2.2 available so that I do not have to build it myself but still will have Android flashed to the eMMC?

Many thanks.

Hello Robert sir,
Thanks for quick reply. Ubuntu is booting from eMMC because I am getting ssh access on my host PC. But display is not working. I am showing a splashscreen using fbi package and init.d script. Using serial debug port I found that fbi can be issue. But I am totally confused. Is there any solution or direction to solve this problem? Thanking you.

Regards,
Kishor

Hello,
Also through the serial debug port I observed the booting stuck at following line for 20 seconds,
Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2…

regards,
Kishor

Hello,
Booting is stuck giving following error.

Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2…
bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.7: failed to load firmware ’ BB-BONE-LCD4-01-00A1.dtbo '

I got the problem but I am not getting exactely which driver or module need to enable or disable. Please guide me to solve this issue.
Thanking you.

regards,
Kishor

Hello,
I solved the above issue. Issue was in deferred_initcalls. Now I have succesfully installed my customized image on eMMC of BBB. Now I have a difficulty regrding eMMC. I want to ask, Can I partition NAND flash(eMMC) of BBB from SD-card??
Thanking you…

Regrds,
Kishor