BBB flasher fails to update eMMC

I have reprogrammed the SD card using a different PC and SD card adapter. It has been happily blinking away for about 15 minutes. I expect it will complete as expected.

So I’m pretty sure the problem is with the SC card adapter I was using. It was an older Spyker USB Hub and multiple format flash card adapter. I’m surprised that so much worked right but the rootfs was still corrupted. I also got no error messages from the Win32DiskImager utility using this adapter.

Oh well, on to better things. At least I learned a lot about the boot and flashing process while chasing this down.

Thanks for your suggestions and taking the time to check the MD5 checksums.

Dennis Cote

FYI the flasher completed and worked as expected. Hooray! I have already bought a new SD card adapter.

The problems with the incorrect test for the kpartx command in mkcard.sh and the missing blockdev command used in emmc.sh as noted in my original post are still present.

Additionally there are several warnings about the use of depreciated paths and one error “cannot register alternative run-parts…” that may need to be looked at.

Dennis Cote