BBB Hardware Issue

I have two BBB’s purchased at the same time. One of them works perfectly and the other I’m seeing some strange things with.

My primary interest in the BBB was to run Android (Rowboat), so I’ve got a working build one a few SD cards.

I can boot the working board off the SD card in a few minutes, if I take that same SD card and put it in the problematic board it can take half an hour to load and is slow to the point of unusable once loaded.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it a hardware issue? Do I need to RA the board?

I need you to use the production SW. We do not support Android and I have never even seen it run. Let’s take Android out of the picture to see if it is a HW issue.

Create an SD card as indicated here http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBoneBlack#Loading_Software

and see if you see the same symptoms. DO NOT USE THE FLASHER version. Use the second option for the SD card.

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I downloaded Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-GNOME-eglibc-ipk-v2012.12-beaglebone-2013.06.06 it booted from the SD card successfully and appeared to run as expected.

So I downloaded BBB-eMMC-flasher-2013.06.06.img which took almost an hour to flash on the eMMC. It’s worth noting my other BBB takes 5-10 minutes to flash. It also appears to run successfully once finally loaded.

I decided to give Android another try. It appears to be working correctly now, loads in a few minutes and the speeds are usable.

Possibly just some weird software quirk? Regardless, for any new BBB’s I order I’ll flash them first before attempting to use Android.

Pleased it’s not a hardware issue.

Alex

I have never seen it take 10 minutes to flash. 45 minutes to an hour is normal. Now if you boot form the uSD slot and no flashing is involved 5 minutes would be closer to reality.

Gerald