BBB rev c boot problem

Can someone advise how to solve the following BBB problem?

What I did 1:

1) Downloaded the latest BBB Debian image, and copied it to an 8Gb SD card with Pi Baker
2) Inserted the card, held down the boot button, and plugged in a powered USB connector

What happened 1:
1) The blue power LED lights, user leds 2 and 4 light, then everything dies, the power led switches off, and nothing.

What I did 2:

I repeated the process this time not holding down the boot button

What happened 2:
1) The blue power LED lights, the bank of 4 user leds all light, user less go out, user leds 2 and 4 light, then flash. Then everything dies, the power led switches off, and nothing.

What I did 3:

1) I held down the reset button ad applied the power, then released button. Results as for what happened 2.
2) With the power applied, I tried holding down and releasing the power button, nothing.
3) I haven't used the BBB for about 6 months, but it was working fine then. 6 months ago I flashed an image to the BBB's on board memory, so I tried removing the SD card and applying the power.

What happened 3:
Power led lights, user led 1 lights, all user leds light, user leds 2 and 4 light, then.... nothing as before.

I have tried installing several of the latest images, but I get the same results. I tried connecting an ethernet cable, the green light on the ethernet connection lights briefly, but then dies.

I then despaired and had a couple of glasses of Brandy.

Can anyone advise what I should do besides drink Brandy?

Cheers, Tim

Tim,

I’m researching a similar problem with my Rev C. While studying your troubleshooting, I’d say the consistent element through all your different attempts is the same USB power source. If you could try a different USB power source, perhaps a computer, that might help establish that the USB power source isn’t the bad part of that equation.

As for my own Rev C booting problem… I’m definitely ready for some Brandy.