Can someone advise how to solve the following BBB problem?
What I did 1:
1) Downloaded the latest BBB Debian image, and copied it to an 8Gb SD card with Pi Baker
2) Inserted the card, held down the boot button, and plugged in a powered USB connector
What happened 1:
1) The blue power LED lights, user leds 2 and 4 light, then everything dies, the power led switches off, and nothing.
What I did 2:
I repeated the process this time not holding down the boot button
What happened 2:
1) The blue power LED lights, the bank of 4 user leds all light, user less go out, user leds 2 and 4 light, then flash. Then everything dies, the power led switches off, and nothing.
What I did 3:
1) I held down the reset button ad applied the power, then released button. Results as for what happened 2.
2) With the power applied, I tried holding down and releasing the power button, nothing.
3) I haven't used the BBB for about 6 months, but it was working fine then. 6 months ago I flashed an image to the BBB's on board memory, so I tried removing the SD card and applying the power.
What happened 3:
Power led lights, user led 1 lights, all user leds light, user leds 2 and 4 light, then.... nothing as before.
I have tried installing several of the latest images, but I get the same results. I tried connecting an ethernet cable, the green light on the ethernet connection lights briefly, but then dies.
I then despaired and had a couple of glasses of Brandy.
Can anyone advise what I should do besides drink Brandy?