BBB: SGX for X11 - is it possible?

I am compiling last kernel from git (3.18.5-bone1) with SGX modules. SGX acceleration seems to be working only for OpenGl demos from shell. When I install lxde - it looks like X11 acceleration is disabled.
I tried to add SUPPORT_XORG=1 to sgx install script - the compilation stops with errors.
Did anybody have success in implementing SGX in X11?
P.S. I followed http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu : SGX - it didn’t help.

Nope.. We get nothing for "X11"...

There are EGL bin's, so wayland is certainly possible. Someone just
needs to figure it out and write up a doc.

Regards,

If you mean having 3D rendered into a window under X11 then yes, this is possible. Ogre3D does this although they say that their OpenGL ES support is broken but they are working on it. I suggest checking out Ogre3D code to see how it is done. It has been a long time since I worked on it but from what I remember, there is a routine in EGL that will create a render surface from a window.

David

Thank you, but this is not a case. I would like the whole X system to be HW accelerated. Chromium, players, everything. Like rowboat android.

Thank you, but this is not a case. I would like the whole X system to be HW accelerated. Chromium, players, everything. Like rowboat android.

If you read TI’s release notes for SGX, it specifically says xorg not supported.

Regards,
John