BBBW answer at last Meetup

When you say update firmware are you referring to a different image or a kernel.
I am doing this as a test with latest image 2016-11-06 and did do an
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Using an SD card version of that image.

I am familiar with using connman and the Dec 5 testing image from Robert Nelson to get connected
to my home network. Also others have later testing images connecting using connman .

At the Meetup you said in newer images connman had been replaced with something else and I
forgot what you said it was?

Tom

When you say update firmware are you referring to a different image or a kernel.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

I am familiar with using connman and the Dec 5 testing image from Robert Nelson to get connected
to my home network. Also others have later testing images connecting using connman .

At the Meetup you said in newer images connman had been replaced with something else and I

The ‘tether’ provided by connman was replaced, it isn’t that connman was removed. The connman provided ‘tether’ was replaced by our own ‘SoftAp0’ done with a script and host_apd.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

The ‘tether’ provided by connman was replaced, it isn’t that connman was removed. The connman provided ‘tether’ was replaced by our own ‘SoftAp0’ done with a script and host_apd.

Oh, and you also need to do (as root, connected to the Internet):
cd /opt/scripts
git pull
cd tools
./update_kernel.sh

Jason
Before I received your last email I went to Beagleboard.org and then to
http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Debian_Image_Testing_Snapshots

and grabbed 2017-02-12 SD card image and burned an SD card with it.
When I booted it the Access point at 192.168.8.1 was there and worked.
Did not do much as it was dinner time then when I came back to it I saw your email
and did the steps to do ./update_kernel.sh and it did it’s thing and I rebooted and the
access point was now gone.
Not sure if the update to the kernel did it or it would have happened any way .
Going to format the SD card and start with a fresh copy of 2017-02-12 and see if
Access point comes back but not tonight tired of doing apt-get update upgrade etc
over and over.

Quick question are you telling me the latest non-testing image Nov 6 2016 on the latest images
page would produce a working Access point at 192.168.8.1 if I did the kernel update?
versions of the images would produce working wireless.

Tom