BBW custom 3.5 LCD

Hi everyone, I’m trying to connect a 3.5" LCD to a BBW, I’m basing my connections from the LCD3 cape, however the LCD parameters are different (HFP, etc) which I know the right values.
I would like to know which files do I have to modify (or add) with the LCD information and how do I configure that the BBW boots using the LCD.

I have a little experience with linux and BB in general.

Thank you for your help.

I would start by looking at the dts file, for an existing LCD cape, in /lib/firmware

You can modify it, compile it to a dtbo file, and then load it as a test cape for testing. This is assuming you are using the 3.8 Kernel.

You should check out the hipstercircuits blog for good info on displays and capes.

Louis

I suppose BBW boots with the kernel 3.2 which does not have DTC support. Am I right?

If you are running the latest image, it is 3.8. That is what I am running on a couple of BBW.

Thank you Louis, I figured it out that I could start looking a some existing driver but then I found about the 3.8 kernel changes regarding the 3.2 kernel and got a little confuse.

I would like to learn more about Linux drivers for embedded devices, is there a good place to start looking at?

Xavier