BEAGLE FAT partition

Hi everyone. I’m testing Fedora on Beagleboard, but I’m having the following problem: The FAT partition needed for booting Beagleboard is easily corrupted. If I reset the board or don’t shut down the OS properly, almost everytime this happens the BEAGLE FAT partition ends up damaged and not recoverable with fsck for FAT or similar tools.
Is there any practical solution to this problem? Is anybody else experiencing the same issues?
Thank you!

Regards,
Ismael

Are you reading and writing the FAT partition on a regular basis from within Linux?

My system is minimal built to run from a ramdisk that it loads from the fat partition, and it regularly writes simple logfiles to the fat partition from a single process, and I don’t often have problems with my fat partition being corrupted even when my users reset the machine by pulling the power plug.

Wim.

I’m not writing to it on purpose, but I’m not sure if the OS does some kind of writing to this partition. It would appear so, since it is so easily corrupted. I’ve been told that the Fedora 13 ARM port is about to exit alpha status (I think), so maybe I’ll wait and see what happens.
In any case, it’s good to know that someone is using the board with Linux with no issues.

Regards,
Ismael

2011/2/22 William C Bonner <wimbonner@gmail.com>

I happen to be running the Angstrom distribution, but more importantly I’m running a console only system and have trimmed down the services that I’ve got running to a vary small number.

If you are not using the FAT partition for anything, you might simply want to unmount it after the system has booted, as that should protect it from anything that wasn’t directly accessing the disks. (Or mount it read only.)

Wim.