[beagleboard] Angstrom build notes, networking not running on boot, login issues, crond, utmp, etc

I don't know who told you that load of nonsense, but that person was wrong on both accounts.

It seems accurate as far as I can see. The only information I’ve come across for configuring it involves going through test scripts to do it.

So the config files in /var/lib/connman and the *command-line* test scripts don't count as "command line or config files"?

I did not know there were config files in /var/lib/connman/. It’s not where I would have looked (and unfortunately doesn’t seem to have anything relevant already in it). And…no, “test scripts” are not a terribly obvious place to look for command line configuration tools. Though that appears to be largely what’s actually in the package…which puts them in /usr/lib/connman/test/ for some reason.

Poking around with them simply yields an error:

`
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

`

It appears dbus is simply not running. Doing “systemctl restart dbus.socket” and “systemctl restart dropbear.socket” brings the network and SSH up. (From what I’ve seen while looking for info on this, probably why pam_systemd.so wasn’t working…)
Still looking for any reasons why these things aren’t starting up…