[beagleboard] bitbake systemd-gnome-image failing

Hi all,

Trying to build a systemd-gnome-image for the beaglebone and this error
pops up not only for the bone, but also if I reconfigure for the
beagleboard.

ERROR: Task 1653
(/vol1/Angstrom/setup-scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/gnome-panel/gnome-applets_2.32.1.1.bb,
do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

Attached is the gnome-applets do_configure log file.

Thanks

log.do_configure.29263 (194 KB)

Anyone have any ideas. This error continues to happen on a fresh git from the Angstrom site.

I’m using Ubuntu 12.04 as the host system (32 bit).

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh configure beaglebone

. ~/.oe/environment-angstrom2012.12

bitbake virtual/kernel
bitbake systemd-image

Both of these work fine, but when I try this

bitbake systemd-gnome-image

The gnome-applets_2.32.1.1 configure error occurs.

Thanks for any help.

log.do_configure.29263 (194 KB)

I do not know if this will work for your particular problem, but I had trouble building the ‘cloud9-image’, it would break trying to build or configure the nodejs package I think. After lots of head-scratching, it ended up being a basic problem of not following the initial instructions for configuring OE in Ubuntu documented here: http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEandYourDistro

The step I hadn’t done was:

a. Get shell (/bin/sh) pointing to bash instead of dash – if not the ‘cloud9-image’ build will break.

Enter: 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure bash’ from the command line, select ‘No’.

Also, make sure you have all the required packages. I use the following (probably overloaded) list:

‘sudo apt-get install git build-essential diffstat texi2html texinfo subversion chrpath ncurses-dev sed wget cvs git-core coreutils unzip docbook-utils gawk python-pysqlite2 help2man make gcc g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath dosfstools kpartx’

These steps might not help you at all, but you might as well confirm that they’re done.

Regards,

Andrew.

dpkg-reconfigure dash → select no

Ha, my bad.