[beagleboard] End Of Production for TinCanTools Beagle Accessories

Sad to hear they make some nice accessories.

Web site says there is zero stock on the beagleboard trainer, would TCT consider doing a final run? I’d like one…

Web site says there is zero stock on the beagleboard trainer, would TCT
consider doing a final run? I'd like one...

I'd second this. I know several people still evaluating using this
board and it would really be nice to have a final run of these. I
know I'd buy a few.

TonyD,

there are no plans to do any more production of the Trainer. there are some Trainer-xM’s in stock which are the same as the regular trainers, just with a male connector instead of female. you can order one of those and solder on a female header to your rev C beagle.

Dave

Jason,

sorry no plans for another production run.

Dave

David,

As Tin Can Tools has decided to discontinue these products and concentrate their energies on other product lines, might you consider making the design files available to the beagle community such that these items could still be available. If the design files were available for these items I’d be happy to coordinate an occasional as needed run with an assembly/boardhouse of choice every so often. This would make these great tools still available (though slower due to being done in on demand batches) while taking the load off of you to manage the logistics.

Eric Fort
FortConsuling

Thanks Eric, fabulous idea.

I agree would be awesome for us to be able to get the files so we can get them made if desired.

Thanks for the hard and great work.

Eric,

we’ve passed this on to our lawyer for a review to see if this can be done with a minimal amount of risk and limited liability.

Dave

David,

Do the Trainer-xM boards also work with the Panda Boards?

- Jim

Jronald,

they are only partially compatible with the pandaboard. not all of the signals match up on the primary expansion header, you would need to do some mods to the trainer-xm to make it 100% compatible with the panda.

Dave