[beagleboard] newbie to beagleboardxm

Badri,

Good news is Eclipse and Qt are available for the Beagleboard. Just use google and you will find everything

hi maxim, thanks for your reply. I ll google it :slight_smile: But I am having XDS100v2 emulator. This will work with beagleboard xm in eclipse right?

I’m not a fan of GUI programming under linux. It definetly works with beagleboard but I don’t know about Eclipse. Google it :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks for your reply once again. coz, I have used eclipse in my prev projects and I have an application to port to beagleboard xm. I ve googled and am yet to find a reliable resource.

Ok, thanks for your reply once again. coz, I have used eclipse in my prev projects and I have an application to port to beagleboard xm. I ve googled and am yet to find a reliable resource.

TI’s IDE, Code Composer Studio (CCS), is based on Eclipse and supports the XDS100v2 emulator and the DM3/AM3 processors on the Beagle family of boards. CCS runs on Windows and Linux and is free when used with the XDS100v2 emulator:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:Code_Composer_Studio_v5

@Mark…yes i ve gone through this info before. But is there any limit on this license? like time limit or something or node locked ? Because, this is my first product try with beagleboard xm and things should not happen like I finish my project, and something happens on field, but my licenese expired. thats why. Also I am kinda confused reg choosing a development platform as I see a lots of options. My application is like, this beagleboard xm will act as a master and slaves will be connected to it and parameters ll be updated(both serial and ethernet). Also the master contains a monitor, usb keyboard and mouse. The monitor will have a reasonable gui.I duno where to start development. The board comes with a builtin angstrom linux. For gui as I see in forums, they suggest Qt. If it is Qt, I have some basic drivers(like serial, ethernet init)written in C, Will it work with Qt?Or should I have to translate my code to C++? I have tested my code with eclipse it worked fine(the previous processor what I was using is cortex m3, so I never had problems like bootloader,kernel its just direct startup file init).Thats why I was asking will XDS100v2 work with Eclipse?If it is eclipse, Is there any good gui libraries, which I can use with eclipse?(ok I will do a search on this question)