BeagleBoard.org Relay Cape

I am trying to determine whether the Relay Cape is available - Mouser is listed as the distributor, they show no stock, 199 on order with a expected delivery date of almost 3 months ago. I sent a question to them but they wanted a PO number to research against.

The link at Mouser is here: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/BeagleBoard-by-GHI/RLYCPE-BBBCAPE?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhD49aLLK5pa8pRSLCxGsghg9HTCyxFrzt2Gh3nRLx%252bFQ%3d%3d

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

I am trying to determine whether the Relay Cape is available - Mouser is listed as the distributor, they show no stock, 199 on order with a expected delivery date of almost 3 months ago. I sent a question to them but they wanted a PO number to research against.

The link at Mouser is here: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/BeagleBoard-by-GHI/RLYCPE-BBBCAPE?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhD49aLLK5pa8pRSLCxGsghg9HTCyxFrzt2Gh3nRLx%252bFQ%3d%3d

The boards have been built and were waiting on some support for testing. I added testing support to GitHub - jadonk/beagle-tester: Simplify and standardize testing of BeagleBoard.org designs and GitHub - jadonk/buildroot at beagle-tester. I believe they should be testing and shipping really soon now.

Hello,

I contacted the Mfg. company that is producing these Capes for this org. I was redirected back to this org. I am glad to know that these Capes will be available soon. I have been waiting so long, it seems, I almost lost interest but not quite yet. Yea! Capes on the way!

Seth

P.S. I am sure everyone is busy and doing things. I hope I did not step over a line by inquiring about these Capes to the Mfg. company.

Hello Again,

The RelayCape is available now. I just got one.

Seth

I ordered 4 of these capes and am surprised to find that there are no DTS files available for them (in contrast to the LogicSupply relay cape for example).

Granted I am a new to the BB, but I have tried unsuccessfully to edit the LogicSupply dts file as a starting point.

Is there a dts file for these GHI capes somewhere I haven’t looked (web search and github). They are listed as prototypes on the BB.org site.

Thanks for any help.

Darel

Hello Mr. Mesher,

Seth here. The GHI/BeagleBoard.org Capes should work out of the box. Those .dts files and such for making files available are past tense, sort of. W/ the new image, the config-pin utility exists. You may want to update your BBB or variation w/ the 10/2018 IoT/LXQT image from bbb.io/latest-images. They have a SD Card image on those pages.

U-boot overlays is a thing now. I think people have shied away from .dts files due to the complications and lack of updates from TI.

Seth

P.S. There are no .dts files for the GHI Capes from BeagleBoard.org. Everything is done w/ EEPROM. You can find that info. online. GitHub.com has a repo dedicated to the EEPROM on those and you can find additional info. here at this address: https://github.com/beagleboard/capes. Further down that page on GitHub, you will see that most of these Capes from GHI are prototypes or in development right now. They are for us to use and learn from I guess. I will wait until the other “production” Capes come out, too, when I purchase another couple. I hope this is some background and present info. for you to review. Oh and those Capes from LogicSupply are out of my league. I know nothing about them as of now.

Seth,

It is amazing that when you spend so much time trying to understand and implement something, that a single piece of information can be all we need to put the pieces together (‘Capes should work out of the box…DTS files are past tense’).

This is particularly true in areas where the technology architecture is changing quickly and significantly and the much of the online information is dated.

Thanks!

I have it working…

Darel