[beagleboard] Re: BeagleBone SPI with LCD7 cape??

I don’t know anything about the LCD cape, but I just got both of my SPI ports working. This blog post was extremely helpful: http://theredblacktree.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/multiple-spi-bus-beaglebone/

-JonRW

Thanks,
I managed to rebuild the kernel with the changes I said and both spi’s are available and working without the LCD7 cape attached.

But with the LCD7 cape attached only spi0 (dev/spidev1.0) is working. Both show up (dev/spidev1.0 and dev/spidev2.0) but spi1 doesn’t seem to be working. I’m happy with spi0 for now, but I want to make both work. I think the down button on the LCD7 cape occupies one of the spi1 pins. I think if I comment out that pin from the lcd7_button_mux it will work.

Hi everyone,

I can’t enable SPI1 with latest debian images because there are problems about conflicts with LCD7 (P9.30 pin).
I tried to enable SPI with echo BB-SPI1-01 > /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.*/slots but i get “File exist” error.
How can i enable SPI1 ? Is possible use a custom pin configuration for SP interface or modify LCD overlay ?
Did someone succed to make them work togethet ?

Thanks for any suggestion.