BeagleBoard Rev C1

Hi,

I'm wondering about the BeagleBoard Rev C1 (particularly for the USB EHCI port) and wanted to know if the form-factor and expansion header will be the same as the Rev B.

Also, what is the maximum current available on the 5v rail on the expansion connector when powering the BeagleBoard from an external 5v supply. Common 5v plug-in power supplies are 2.5A, and I would guess the BeagleBoard uses less than 500mA, so can I would presume I can get at least 1A through the expansion header, assuming the power trace on the BeagleBoard can handle it. In practice, I should need less than 500mA.

Thanks,

-Howard

http://flickr.com/photos/koenkooi/3181365813/

regards,

Koen

The REV C2 expansion header will be the same as the current header with the addition of three PWM signals that are on the connector. All of the signals options that are currently there due to the pin muxing are still there, unchanged, but muxing options now provide the additional signals. The form factor and location is unchanged.

The maximum current on the expansion current will be limited by the power supplied by the power supply. There will be a limitation based on what the etch on the connectors can supply, but 1A should be possible.

Gerald

Thanks for the information. I am planning to design an expansion board that stacks under the BeagleBoard. I’d like to make it the same size as the BeagleBoard with the same mounting holes so the two boards can be sandwiched together with standoffs.

I’d also like to make sure it can co-exist with the LCD add on board. Any idea how that will fit mechanically?

Thanks,

-Howard

The technique used for the LCD add-on board will vary by supplier so it will be tough to say what co-exsit will mean. The LCD headers are next to the existing expansion connector, so it is possible for them to co-exist. If the LCD board is small and fits on top, you should be OK. If it is the same size as the beagle and mounts under Beagle, you may have an issue unless the LCD board passes the expansion connector through.

Gerald

Hello Gerald,

Is the LCD header a regular 0.1" header like the expansion connector?

If so, the signals can be passed through a stacked board by using a female header with long pins.

If that is the case, I will make provisions for passing all signals through my board. Maybe we can come up with board stacking guidelines, and provide a cad drawing of the board outline, keep out areas, and header placement.

Are gerber files available for at least the drill and silkscreen layers of the C1 BeagleBoard?

Thanks,

-Howard

The LCD headers are two 10x2 pin 1.27mm pitched headers.

Gerbers will not be available for several more weeks.

Gerald

Attached is a picture of the board.

Gerald

C2.JPG

What are the relative mechanical dimensions between all 3 of the headers (both
locational tolerance and the actual relative dimensions)?

From the photo, it appears the 2 0.050" headers are seperated by 0.1" but
there are not enough clues to indicate how far the 2 0.050" headers are from
the 0.1" expansion headers.

This information will be provided when the CAD files are released. I will not attempt to vverbalize all the dimensions.

Gerald