Beagleboard Toys Wlan Adapter

Hi!

Who knows where it is possible to purchase the Beagleboard Toys Wlan Adapter? There are many messages in the mail-list but I can’t find any online store to buy it.

Currently it is not available. We may decide to revive it later, but there have been issues getting support for it from TI and CCO is hesitant to start selling it without adequate support. You can ping Clint clint@circuitco.com and see if he has any available. Currently he is out of town at ELC, but he should get back to you.

Gerald

Hi Gerald!

What kind of support do you lack? What is wrong with these devices? I have 220 devices based on LSR modules and my client will not be happy to hear anything bad about Wifi feature :slight_smile:

2012/2/16 Gerald Coley <gerald@beagleboard.org>

LSR didn’t want to support CCO and deliver parts and then we needed a way for customers to get support from TI if needed. We alos needed working image they could download. Then all the people working on the project from the TI side left, and the new team does not seem interested in supporting it. It has been a disater from the start.

Gerald

Yes, it is a disaster for me now to bring Tiwi-R2, but I trust Koen who says that BToys Wlan simply works out-of-box. Therefore I try to find mistakes in my steps…

Yes, it does work as Koen said. But CCO has the other issues as mentioned. They don’t want to leave people hanging if they ned help. We are looking at the possibility of doing one for the BeagleBone, but we will need to take a different approach this time. Something with more control on our side.

Gerald

Yes, it is a disaster for me now to bring Tiwi-R2, but I trust Koen who says that BToys Wlan simply works out-of-box. Therefore I try to find mistakes in my steps…

I can confirm that the BToys Wlan circuit does work and the WL12xx driver in Linux Kernel 3.04 is fully functional. I have this working with WPA security. If anyone needs any help, let me know.

Regards,

John

LSR didn’t want to support CCO and deliver parts and then we needed a way for customers to get support from TI if needed. We alos needed working image they could download. Then all the people working on the project from the TI side left, and the new team does not seem interested in supporting it. It has been a disater from the start.

Gerald

Hi Gerald!

What kind of support do you lack? What is wrong with these devices? I have 220 devices based on LSR modules and my client will not be happy to hear anything bad about Wifi feature :slight_smile:

Currently it is not available. We may decide to revive it later, but there have been issues getting support for it from TI and CCO is hesitant to start selling it without adequate support. You can ping Clint clint@circuitco.com and see if he has any available. Currently he is out of town at ELC, but he should get back to you.

Gerald

Gerald Coley wrote:

Yes, it does work as Koen said. But CCO has the other issues as mentioned. They don't want to leave people hanging if
they ned help. We are looking at the possibility of doing one for the BeagleBone, but we will need to take a different
approach this time. Something with more control on our side.

TI is not the only maker of WiFi chipsets ...

Well, that goes without saying!

Gerald