BeagleBoard with Sharp LCD LQ043T3DX02

Hi all,

I’m working on connect the Sharp LQ043T3DX02 with my BeagleBoard C5. My problem is we don’t use hardware to invert the hsync, vsync signals. And I want to modify the kernel for that part.

I’ve dug a little into the code and found the implementation of similar model (Sharp LS037V7DW01), but still don’t know where is the setting for sync value. Although I modified the code for LS037V7DW01 to match the LQ043T3DX02 specs, compiled and got the new kernel running but still get just the screen with 2/3 part is red, 1/3 part is black. Another thing I did was to change /sys/devices/omapdss/display0/timmings value to 9000,480/2/2/41,272/2/2/10 (the specs of LQ043T3DX02, I think) but nothing happened.

I saw another topics in this group which are similar but… Will help my friend to check the hardware part for me, but at first I want to make sure that the kernel is configured correctly =)

I greatly appreciate your helps,

Hi,

The lines in the LS037V7DW01 driver that set the H and V sync polarities is:
dssdev->panel.config = OMAP_DSS_LCD_TFT | OMAP_DSS_LCD_IVS |
OMAP_DSS_LCD_IHS;

OMAP_DSS_LCD_IHS and OMAP_DSS_LCD_IVS invert the horizontal and vertical sync polarities, respectively.

The length of the sync signals are set in the sharp_ls_timings struct in fields hsw and vsw.

Hope this helps!

• Juha

Hi Juha,

I did a “dirty” trick which is replaced all timing parameter of LQ043T3DX02 to the LS037V7DW01 panel (drivers/video/omap2/displays/panel-sharp-ls037v7dw01.c).

And in arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3beagle.c, I forced beagle_dss_devices[] to use just beagle_lcd_device (commented the other 2).

As I can see, the lcd module is being loaded, but the timing is not configured (no /sys/devices/omapdss/display0/timings file). fbset command gave me
timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Characters why don’t you come out. Argggggggg…

The problem has been fixed. It seems that my AC/DC adapter is not so good which cause some noise in the signal. Thank Juha =)