BeagleBone AI-64 availability at Digi-Key

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I would like to know if anyone from the BeagleBoard.org Foundation has an idea of when the BeagleBone AI-64 will be back in stock at Digi-Key. Lead time information seems to be currently unavailable. I am not looking for a specific date, just a rough sense of whether it is a matter of days, weeks or months.

Best regards

Crystal Ball says, middle/late of this month…

Have parts, just need production room… :wink:

Regards,

Thank you for the information, @RobertCNelson!

Best regards

As far as I have been able to tell, BBAI64 boards haven’t shown up on Mouser or Digi-Key in August or September to date. Did I miss them? Or is there any sense of when they might be available/how available they will be?

I imagine there are production shortages holding things up and not much to be done, no worries if there isn’t an answer to give. I’m just trying to calibrate my expectations.

1 Like

They are just shipping this week. Should arrive at Digi-Key next week or so.

1 Like

On a related note, will those come with the latest image (TDA4VM Debian 11.3 2022-06-14 10GB SD XFCE) pre-installed?

Probably not. We are finalizing things for a component change, those even newer boards on the horizon will need a new factory image… (u-boot)…

Regards,

Ok. Thanks @RobertCNelson!

Thank you for the information!

Hmmmm now I’m wondering, is this component change something I should hold out for? i.e., will it affect the development experience or behavior in a meaningful way?

Just the eeprom used for board identification…

Regards,

1 Like