I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I would like to know if anyone from the BeagleBoard.org Foundation has an idea of when the BeagleBone AI-64 will be back in stock at Digi-Key. Lead time information seems to be currently unavailable. I am not looking for a specific date, just a rough sense of whether it is a matter of days, weeks or months.
Crystal Ball says, middle/late of this month…
Have parts, just need production room…
Thank you for the information, @RobertCNelson!
As far as I have been able to tell, BBAI64 boards haven’t shown up on Mouser or Digi-Key in August or September to date. Did I miss them? Or is there any sense of when they might be available/how available they will be?
I imagine there are production shortages holding things up and not much to be done, no worries if there isn’t an answer to give. I’m just trying to calibrate my expectations.
They are just shipping this week. Should arrive at Digi-Key next week or so.
On a related note, will those come with the latest image (TDA4VM Debian 11.3 2022-06-14 10GB SD XFCE) pre-installed?
Probably not. We are finalizing things for a component change, those even newer boards on the horizon will need a new factory image… (u-boot)…
Thank you for the information!
Hmmmm now I’m wondering, is this component change something I should hold out for? i.e., will it affect the development experience or behavior in a meaningful way?
Just the eeprom used for board identification…