BeagleBone and Sitara EZSDK - PowerVR Support

Hello,

I’m trying to get the Sitara EZSDK (http://www.ti.com/tool/linuxezsdk-sitara) working on the BeagleBone with opengl support. I’ve managed to recompile the kernel with support for the LCD7 cape but I’ve not had success with the getting the graphics to work (http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Graphics_SDK_Quick_installation_and_user_guide). Has anyone gotten this to work?

-Pat

Is this for the white, or black ? Which kernel version ?

AFAIK that SDK wont work with the newer ( 3.8 ) kernel versions. Expect something quarter 4 this year. Or at least that was the word last I heard . . .

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The kernel version is 3.2.0 and I’m using the white Beaglebone.

-Pat

You should give all pertinent information you can concerning your problem. Exact issue you’re experiencing etc so people can answer your question. As it stands your question is rather vague.

Sorry about that.

Here is a run-down of the steps I have taken to compile the Sitara SDK with PowerVR support and the output from the kernel at boot.

Compiling TI EZSDK 06.00.00.00 for BeagleBone White with LCD7 Cape

1. Install Sitara SDK (ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00-Linux-x86-Install)
  2. Clone sitara-board-linux git tree
    • git clone git://gitorious.org/sitara-board-port/sitara-board-port-linux.git
  3. Pull template, MMC/SD support, Ethernet, and LCD support tags
    • git checkout 06.00.00.00-template
    • git checkout 06.00.00.00-mmc
    • git checkout 06.00.00.00-ethernet
    • git checkout 06.00.00.00-touchscreen
  4. Configure make
    • make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/linux-devkit/sysroots/i686-arago-linux/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- tisdk_am335x-evm_defconfig
  5. Build Kernel
    • make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/linux-devkit/sysroots/i686-arago-linux/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- uImage
  6. Build Modules
    • make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/linux-devkit/sysroots/i686-arago-linux/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- modules
  7. Install Modules
    • sudo make ARCH=arm INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/targetNFS modules_install
  8. Install Graphics SDK
    • /home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/Graphics_SDK_setuplinux_4_09_00_01_hardfp_minimal_demos.bin
    • Install es8.x drivers to /home/sitara/Graphics_SDK_4_09_00_01
  9. Modify Rules.make file to call out file locations per below:
    • HOME=/home/sitara/
    • CSTOOL_DIR=/home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/linux-devkit/sysroots/i686-arago-linux/usr/
    • CSTOOL_PREFIX=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
    • KERNEL_INSTALL_DIR=/home/sitara/board-port/sitara-board-port-linux
    • TARGETFS_INSTALL_DIR=/home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/targetNFS
    • GRAPHICS_INSTALL_DIR=/home/sitara/Graphics_SDK_4_09_00_01
  10. Set source environment
    • export ARCH=arm
  11. Build graphics SDK
    • make BUILD=release OMAPES=8.x all
  12. Install graphics SDK
    • make BUILD=release OMAPES=8.x all install
  13. Rebuild Kernel, Modules, and install modules (Steps 5,6,7)
  14. Copy built uImage to /home/sitara/image
    • cp /home/sitara/board-port/sitara-board-port-linux/arch/arm/boot/uImage /home/sitara/image/uImage-board-port
  15. Copy MLO and u-boot from prebuilt folder
    • cp /home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/board-support/prebuilt-images/MLO-am335x-evm /home/sitara/image/MLO-board-port
    • cp /home/sitara/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/board-support/prebuilt-images/u-boot-am335x-evm.img /home/sitara/image/u-boot-board-port
  16. Create SD card using create_sdcard script in SDK installation dir

Here is the what I get while booting:

Seems as though you’re missing several driver modules. Why I could not say exactly. Also I did see at least one error message up higher that I am not familiar with. Perhaps someone with more experience will chime in.