Beaglebone: Angstrom, long boot time when not shutdown properly

Hello,

When I dont poweroff the beaglebone but just remove the power, I get a long boot time the next time I start the beaglebone. I see this output:

[ 1.824768] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem
[ 1.832458] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): write access will be enabled during recovery
[ 6.678741] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): recovery complete
[ 7.353027] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts:

So it needs about 5 seconds for this recovery. Is it possible to disable this recovery?
It looks to me as if linux detects that the beaglebone did not shutdown properly and therefore makes this recovery.

We want to build a battery driven device so if we just shutdown the device after usage, the beaglebone still consumes some power and the battery would be empty the next time the user uses the device. Thats why we want to completely remove the battery after usage with a simple switch.

Sure, but you won't have a filesystem to boot from after that. Is that the intended outcome?

Sure, but you won’t have a filesystem to boot from after that. Is that the intended outcome?

No, the intented outcome is a solution for the problem that I’ve described.

Is it possible to have the file system always readonly? In that case, there would’nt be a recovery required…