[Beaglebone] Angstrom "opkg upgrade" huge upgrade file list problem

Hello,

My beagleboard runs Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-GNOME-eglibc-ipk-v2012.05-beaglebone-2012.08.14.img.xz image. When i try to “opkg update” and “opkg upgrade” it downloads huge amount of file list and never becomes complete.

I think, the buffer which contains downloaded packages overflows, also. Is it normal that “opkg upgrade” takes 2-3 hours?

Regards

Hi,

It’s normal for the first “opkg upgrade” for a new install to download a lot of packages, and it might take 2 to 3 hours to complete depending on the speed of your Internet connection and SD card. The first upgrade affects a lot of packages. Subsequent upgrades will be smaller and faster.

What do you mean by “never becomes complete”: does it stop with an error message, or stop with no error message, or is it still downloading and updating packages?

If you are using a 2G card, or if you’ve added a lot of new packages to a 4G card, it might be running short of disk space.

Dan.

By the way, you wrote that you are using a beagleboard: did you mean beaglebone? If it’s a beagleboard, then you’re using the wrong image: you want the one with “beagleboard” in the filename.

Dan.

Hello Dan,
I am sorry, it is beaglebone.Hence I am using right image. And okay I am tryng to update again and lets see if an additional error occures.

Regards.

2012/9/13 Dan Watts <gigamegawatts@gmail.com>