Beaglebone Black and Chipsee 7" LCD running Android

I am going to purchase a Beaglebone Black and the Chipsee 7" LCD that is shown running Android. I have see a lot of downloads for different Android images that will run on the different Beaglebone boards. I would like to make sure i get the right image and source code. Can someone point me to the best place to get an image that will just come up in that config and then also the source so I can build it myself?

Thanks…

When I got the board I received a CD with the images and sources on it. I set up an Ubuntu VM to build on and followed the instructions that came on the CD to build. I ran into some errors building. In the end I found the answer and wanted to post here in case someone else has the same problem.

The instructions give the following command for getting all the required packages:

$ sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential
zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs \

x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline5-dev lib32z-dev \

libgl1-mesa-dev g+±multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown \

libxml2-utils xsltproc minicom tftpd uboot-mkimage expect

I found that this was missing 2 packages: libc6-dev-i386 and lib32z1-dev so I added them. This is the final command:

$ sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential
zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev libc6-dev-i386 lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs \

x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline5-dev lib32z-dev lib32z1-dev \

libgl1-mesa-dev g+±multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown \

libxml2-utils xsltproc minicom tftpd uboot-mkimage expect

I hope this helps someone else avoid the 2 days it took me to finally track this down. Now that I know to look for this kind of thing I hope it won’t take me as long to figure out stuff like this.

Did you ever get this working?

Special Computing is now offering Chipsee Capacitive Touch 7" LCD as a complete kit that includes BeagleBoneBlack board with microSD card that boots a demo image of your choice (Android 4.1, LinuxSDK, WinCE6, WCE7), along with support DVD containing open source files and documentation.

http://specialcomp.com/beaglebone/#22702

No I did not. I get to the same point and get an error about CC1 not being found.

I am now trying the Freescale iMX6 build and it is working so far.

I wish there was some place to get support on this.