BeagleBone Black based module boards

Hello there,
I was wondering either are is any board on the market that has the same hardware as BeagleBone Black (mcu, mmc, ethernet etc) but is designed as a module, with more I/Os and no connectors? Like those popular All winer A20 module boards. I would aprichiate any help.

All the I/O is used up on the BBB. Nothing more to add. But some of it can be feed up by removing stuff and re-purposing the I/O for something else, like no Ethernet and no eMMC… Something that may work, although it has less stuff than the the BBB is the http://www.embest-tech.com/product/cpu-modules/mini8600b-cpu-module.html

Gerald

Thank you. The board is quite expensive though. Arent you planning designing any new board based on BeagleBone Black but made as a module :P? Raspberry Pi did that.

Hello there,
I was wondering either are is any board on the market that has the same hardware as BeagleBone Black (mcu, mmc, ethernet etc) but is designed as a module, with more I/Os and no connectors? Like those popular All winer A20 module boards. I would aprichiate any help.

http://www.mentorel.com/product/usomiq-am335x/

Exacly what I was looking for, thanks!

I have no plans to get into the commercial module business. BeagleBoard.org has no employees to support such an arrangement.

Gerald

I understand. The Mentorel company seems to have exacly what I was looking for.
It is to bad to hear that theres not enough employees there I was hoping to see more great products.

We are a non profit. We have no employees. Now, if you want to hire someone to design a board for you, that can be arranged.

Gerald

I dont think I can afford that. So who hired you to make BeagleBone Black?

Nobody. We just designed it.

Gerald

Yeah, thats what my initial question was about. How about just design a module board :P. But its ok, i get the concept.

Nobody. We just designed it.

Because he is such a great guy and we are all so thankful for his work :wink:

Regards,
John

I never said anything else :stuck_out_tongue: