Beaglebone Black, PWR LED on, USR LEDs are all off

Hi all,

I just got my first BBB, and the first thing I did was flashing the latest Debian image to my board. However, after the process was complete, I tried using the DVK 530 (chinese expansion board) to use with a 7" LCD screen, having read somewhere that the latest version of the OS might be able to run the LCD out-of-the-box.
During this process (in which nothing happened with the LCD screen), I was logged onto the BBB from my Mac, and everything seemed normal, but all four lights started blinking. After this I gave the board the shutdown command, and it seemed to shut down normally.

However, since then, everytime I try connecting the BBB to my Mac, and even when I try booting from an SD card, all it does is keep the PWR LED constantly on, with no other signs of life. I’m not able to log in, to boot from an SD image, to boot+reset, or anything else with it. Nothing I do to it makes the USR LEDs to blink even for a second. Did I brick my BBB?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I just got my first BBB, and the first thing I did was flashing the latest
Debian image to my board. However, after the process was complete, I tried
using the DVK 530 (chinese expansion board) to use with a 7" LCD screen,
having read somewhere that the latest version of the OS might be able to run
the LCD out-of-the-box.

I haven't seen any patches specific to it..

During this process (in which nothing happened with the LCD screen), I was
logged onto the BBB from my Mac, and everything seemed normal, but all four
lights started blinking. After this I gave the board the shutdown command,
and it seemed to shut down normally.
However, since then, everytime I try connecting the BBB to my Mac, and even
when I try booting from an SD card, all it does is keep the PWR LED
constantly on, with no other signs of life. I'm not able to log in, to boot
from an SD image, to boot+reset, or anything else with it. Nothing I do to
it makes the USR LEDs to blink even for a second. Did I brick my BBB?

Do you have access to the serial debug connector?

Regards,

Do you have access to the serial debug connector?

Thanks for your answer, but I do not, unfortunately. I think I will re-image my uSD card and try booting from it again, although the card itself doesn’t appear to have changed since the issue appeared.

Hi! I have the exact same problem, but I haven’t used any LCD screen or any other expansion device. Any progress?