Beaglebone Black won't boot from Micro SD, all LEDs remain lit

Hi,

I have a Beagleboard Black, San micro sdcard 16g extreme with the Kali Linux Image on it. With the help of Tobin over at Win32 image writer I saw that the write was correct with an image
G (microsd card) 122M
G /storage/kali/images/beaglebone-black/root 6.72G
opened partition to find 12 folders
So the partition is there and working. Win32 image did its job. This means boot problem then I found your group. Read the threads.
I modified the text file uEnv
Used these following values

mmcdev=1
bootpart=1:2
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk1p2 ro

to replace

echo Booting from external microSD…; setenv mmcdev 0; else setenv mmcdev 1; if test $mmc0 = 1; then setenv mmcroot /dev/mmcblk1p2 rw; fi;
ext4load mmc 1:2 ${loadaddr} /boot/zImage && mw.l 4804c194 00c00000; echo Booting from internal eMMC…; fi

No change. S2 button should be held until 4 leds light up - no leds light up.
Any tips,
Thanks

Hi,

I have a Beagleboard Black, San micro sdcard 16g extreme with the Kali Linux Image on it. With the help of Tobin over at Win32 image writer I saw that the write was correct with an image
G (microsd card) 122M
G /storage/kali/images/beaglebone-black/root 6.72G
opened partition to find 12 folders
So the partition is there and working. Win32 image did its job. This means boot problem then I found your group. Read the threads.
I modified the text file uEnv
Used these following values

mmcdev=1
bootpart=1:2
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk1p2 ro

I’m not sure why you want to make these changes in uEnv. If the SDCard is installed, it is mmcdev=0 and eMMC is mmcdev=1. Best to use the default uEnv file.

If you are unsure, you can always run each command at the u-boot prompt and see what happens. You can list files in the FAT partition with “fatls mmc 0” and load the uEnv.txt file with “run loadbootenv” and “run importbootenv”, which updates your u-boot env. Check this with printenv. Best way to learn is to do this step by step.

Regards,
John

John
Thanks I was following William Hermans post. uEnv is the boot program which links into the image folders so the uEnv program has had no problems which is good to know. I will try the step by step approach.
Bruce

This seems to be the start of the conversation - a previous thread. How to make BeagleBone black boot off SD card It has the uEnv.txt file discussion