Beaglebone Black won't power on, did I do something wrong? :(

I have no idea how Element14 handles RMA. You need to ask them.

Gerald

I think I also have a dead BBB. I have used an "incompatible" usb cable ( same connector but has an extra jack output) to power it up. Since then the pwr led goes on for less than a second then goes off. Pressing the reset button doesn't help.

Should I go for an RMA?

If it were me, I would.

Gerald

I was trying to flash an angstrom image to my beaglebone black. After some time I noticed that all the lights were off. I thought that this is normal after the flash process and I disconnected the SDcard.Then I powered on the board and to my great dismay, I found that none of the LED was working. Have I blown up something? This is the second board that isnt working. Am I eligible for an RMA? Please help me.

if you were flashing while connected to the USB as a power source. get a
2 amp external power supply, plug
into barrel jack and reflash.

Thank you for the timely reply. I was using a barrel connector for the power supply. (5V, 1 A). And to add, the LED doesnot glow when connected to usb also.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

I also have same problem for my two BBB Rev C. One have no response when plug the power, either from usb or DC jack, and the other one just have power led flashing once then nothing happen.

I follow the user guide carefully to use the BBB such as push power button for 8 second to turn power off, but still got the problem. I have disable the HDMI pin in Env.txt for PWM function. I use six pins to receiver signals from three DC motor encoder, three pins to output PWM signals to control the speed of motor and three pin for the direction of motors.

I filled out the RMA about one week before and got no response at all.

BBB org. should take this as a serious problem for this product since I never face such kind of power problem on the other embedded system.

Hey, I think I’m undergoing the symptom like what you’d have experienced… What can I do for recovery of BBB?? What does it mean that;
[I guess I expected the PWR led to be lit any time 5V was feeding the board, regardless of it’s On/Off state.]
I was designing the program that can controls GPIO through SSH terminal, when it’s power was downed. I wondered around the internet, and found this.

What can I do for this exactly???

2013년 4월 30일 화요일 오후 9시 19분 57초 UTC+9, Jason Stapels 님의 말:

My BBGreen got fried (when I power it up it just dims once the power led and that’s all it does).

Can someone explain me what I did wrong so it won’t happen to me or others again?

Explanation of what I did: The BBG died after several days working 24/7, powered up from a power supply 5V 2A, with an 3G usb dongle connected on it, and (maybe that’s my fault …) I connected the Tx output of another microcontroller to one Rx input of the BBG but also to one Rx input of a BBB (I had both the BBG and the BBB receiving the same Tx signal from a third micro)
The same power supply was powering both systems (BBG and BBB) and I also interconnected GNDs. The third micro sending the Tx signal was powered from the BBB. BBB is working well so far.

Cheers.

El dimarts, 30 abril de 2013 14:19:57 UTC+2, Jason Stapels va escriure: