Beaglebone: build QT embedded

Hello,

I’m trying to build QT embedded for beaglebone / angstrom. I saw that this should be “as easy as” typing

**bitbake** meta-toolchain-qte

Installing bitbake with apt-get does however not work because I always got an error when calling it that a PERSISTENT_DIR is not set.

I tried to manually install openembedded and bitbake but did not succeed.

Does anyone managed to install openembedded and bitbake and could build QT embededded with it? I know there are hundreds of tutorials how to install openembedded but none of them worked for me. At least I never found a local.conf for the beaglebone angstrome that worked.

Btw: I’m using ubuntu 12.04 as host system.

Thanks

Have you tried going to the angstrom website? And then clicking on the 'Developers' link?

Try Qt everywhere,
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/install-x11.html you can build
QT on the BB but you have to "sit it and forget it" for ~12-18hrs,
you can cross compile in about 15 min. Make sure your paths in your
cross compiler are set correctly too, my cross compiler setup requires
I set them every time I open a new terminal you can write a simple
script to do this for you.

Cheers
-Nathan

Have you tried going to the angstrom website? And then clicking on the ‘Developers’ link?

I tried that now and I could build the QT embedded SDK.

The problem is that I have to reconfigure QT embedded to enable screen rotation:
-qt-gfx-transformed

Is this possible with open embedded / bitbake ?

Thanks

Sorry to ask again:

Is it possible to configure qt using bitbake meta-toolchain-qte?

I need to add support for screen rotation and the the proper mouse-driver.

Not wanting to rain on your parade too much, but screen rotation is already enabled, as well as every mouse driver.

Hi Rico
I think this link is neccessary for your buiding Qt
http://treyweaver.blogspot.com/2010/10/setting-up-qt-development-environment.html

I could build my qt project using the sdk.

I copied the binary and the needed qt libs to my target system (sd card) but I always get an error that the Transformed driver could not be found when using screen rotation.
Next try: I copied the whole sysroot/arm… of the sdk to the sd card, but then, the display is not working anymore (the LCD3 cape). Should the display work with the sysroot/arm… and what is the right way to create the sd card?

I could build my qt project using the sdk.

I copied the binary and the needed qt libs to my target system (sd card)

Ah, manually copying over libs, bad idea. Opkg install the qt libs, or better build your app with the angstrom framework, that will automatically drag in the needed dependencies.

but I always get an error that the Transformed driver could not be found when using screen rotation.
Next try: I copied the whole sysroot/arm... of the sdk to the sd card, but then, the display is not working anymore (the LCD3 cape). Should the display work with the sysroot/arm... and what is the right way to create the sd card?

Go to the angstrom website, click 'developers' and follow the steps. Or read the beaglebone SRM that also links to that (and more).

Hi Minh
Many thanks for that link!
I could build qt embedded for the beaglebone with these instructions. I could configure qt with -qt-gfx-transformed, copied the qt libs to the target device and screen rotation is now working!

2012/8/23 Minh Quốc Đỗ <domihasa@gmail.com>