BeagleBone - eth0 not coming up automatically

I am also still getting the problem with eth0 not starting automatically. I have tried Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-eglibc-ipk-v2011.12-core-beaglebone-2011.12.13.img.gz. That did not work, so I manually enabled eth0 followed by an opkg update/upgrade; still no luck.
I also tried Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-eglibc-ipk-v2011.12-core-beaglebone-2011.12.22.img.gz, and with no luck. Has anyone had luck with any later images? If so, please post any magic incantations!

Also I tried rebuilding the cloud9 image form source using "bitbake cloud9-image", but got the following error message:

--snip--

/etc/fstab entries need to be created with the user flag for the loop

devices like:

/dev/loop2

/home/dlambert/src/beaglebone/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/cloud9-image-1.0-r0/tmp-mnt-boot vfat user 0 0
NOTE: package cloud9-image-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Failed
ERROR: Task 8 (/home/dlambert/src/beaglebone/setup-scripts/sources/meta-ti/recipes-misc/images/cloud9-image.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: '/home/dlambert/src/beaglebone/setup-scripts/sources/meta-ti/recipes-misc/images/cloud9-image.bb' failed

The "bitbake systemd-image" seems to work fine, but I would like to get an update cloud9 image.

Thanks.

Sorry for the cross post on this but figured it might help here.

So I gave up and added a startup script that reconfigs the network and
fixes resolv.conf

in /etc/init.d create a script called fixnetwork

Contents of fixnetwork script:

#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/networking restart
cp /etc/resolv.ok /etc/resolv.conf

then make it executable:
chmod +x fixnetwork

add it to the startup:
update-rc.d fixnetwork defaults

Then create a /etc/resolv.ok that contains your nameserver settings

This is ugly but it should work until whatever is causing this
problem
gets fixed.
- James

Update. I found the Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-eglibc-ipk-v2011.12-core-beaglebone-2011.12.26.img.gz seems to work fine so far :slight_smile:

I have the same issue. I try unmount beaglecone drive with:

diskutil unmount /dev/disk1

Now the serial connection not hangs, but not active USB networking.

Any idea before rewrite with clean SD image.
Thanks.

I investigate more the problem.

In /etc/udev/rules.d/bone-gmass-eject.rules I see that when unmount drive it execute /usr/bin/g-ether-start-service.sh. After see this file i try
/bin/systemctl stop storage-gadget-init.service
Unmount drive ik, but when try
/bin/systemctl start network-gadget-init.service
the bone hangs, I try
modprobe g_ether
And same results.

Thanks for any idea.

no sure your init sequence, and your OS, if ifup works for you, just add it to the init.d or systemd…