Beaglebone ftdi_sio source files

Hi.

I’m very new to linux and I’m a little stuck here…

I’m trying to get some Dynamixal servos working using a USB2Dynamixal adaptor, there’s instructions on how to do this on Robotis website, here: http://support.robotis.com/en/techsupport_eng.htm#software/dynamixel_sdk/usb2dynamixel/usb2dxl_linux.htm

However, I’m getting stuck at the first hurdle trying to find the required files:

ftdi_sio.h
ftdi_sio.c
usb-serial.h

Does anyone know where I can get these, for my Beaglebone A3 ? Kernel is 3.1.0+

Thanks in advance

Sorry, it is probably worth mentioning that I am using a windows machine and trying to code directly on the Beaglebone over the USB serial port… (copying files etc, using WinSCP)

I’m been told I can get the files from here: git://arago-project.org/git/projects/linux-am33x.git;protocol=http;branch=v3.2-staging

however, I haven’t a clue how to download these from my windows machine so that I can modify them and upload to the Beaglebone for compiling…

Any hits and tips would be really appreciated!

Sorry for the noob questions

Thanks again

You could probably use nano through your terminal and paste the text.

make -C /usr/src/linux-3.1.0/ SUBDIRS=/usr/src/ftdi_sio modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-3.1.0’

WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-3.1.0/Module.symvers
is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.

CC [M] /usr/src/ftdi_sio/ftdi_sio.o
/usr/src/ftdi_sio/ftdi_sio.c:68:22: error: field ‘chip_type’ has incomplete type
/usr/src/ftdi_sio/ftdi_sio.c:864:3: error: ‘FT232H’ undeclared here (not in a function)
/usr/src/ftdi_sio/ftdi_sio.c:864:2: error: array index in initializer not of integer type
/usr/src/ftdi_sio/ftdi_sio.c:864:2: error: (near initialization for ‘ftdi_chip_name’)
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/ftdi_sio/ftdi_sio.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [module/usr/src/ftdi_sio] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-3.1.0’
make: *** [all] Error 2

Now got this error… having set my clock, and done make prepare on the kernel

Cheers

Think I may be getting further… but now appear to be having issues with a modpost module, does anyone have any ideas?

make -C /usr/src/linux-3.1.0/ SUBDIRS=/usr/src/ftdi_sio modules
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux-3.1.0' WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-3.1.0/Module.symvers is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions. Building modules, stage 2. MODPOST 1 modules /bin/sh: scripts/mod/modpost: No such file or directory make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 127 make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/linux-3.1.0’
make: *** [all] Error 2

I finally managed to get the ftdi_sio driver compiled… but it didn’t work as the kernel files used were not the same as my current kernel. So I had to rebuild the entire kernel and then re-compile the ftdi_sio drivers!

It’s taken a few days, but thanks to a few people on the IRC chat, I finally managed to get it working!

Cheers