Beaglebone Getting Started Issues...(First time post)

SOLVED! So after a great deal of patience I now have created a successful microSD with ubuntu 12.04 armhf and have established serial communication with my laptop (also an ubuntu 12.04). It turns out that when I plug in my BeagleBone two serial ports are created ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1. Apparently ttyUSB1 is the one I need. A combination of not being patient enough and trying the wrong things at the wrong time led me thinking something else was wrong. Thanks, any ways!

SOLVED! So after a great deal of patience I now have created a successful microSD with ubuntu 12.04 armhf and have established serial communication with my laptop (also an ubuntu 12.04). It turns out that when I plug in my BeagleBone two serial ports are created ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1. Apparently ttyUSB1 is the one I need. A combination of not being patient enough and trying the wrong things at the wrong time led me thinking something else was wrong. Thanks, any ways!

Thanks for sharing with the community. Glad you were able to solve your own issue.