BeagleBone Green's HDMI cape with 2016-04-10 Jessi firmware

Hi all,

I’m trying to operate the Seeds Studio HDMI cape into the BeagleBone Green with last firmware. The LCD screen that I’m using is a 5" size and 800x480 resolution touch screen. I know that this resolution is not supported directly by the beaglebone but as I read is posible to configure beaglebone’s out resolution manualy. But that’s a problem that I will later. The screen works because if I connet it to the laptop I can see the laptop desktop there.

So with newly installed firmware the output of the “cat /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots” command is

0: PF---- -1
1: PF---- -1
2: PF---- -1
3: P----- -1 Beaglebone green hdmi cape,00A0,Seeed,BB-GREEN-HDMI
4: P-O-L- 0 Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,univ-emmc

So with this, I can interpret this firmware brings support for this cape, but is not loaded for some reason…
I try editing the /boot/uEnv.tx file adding “cape_enable=bone_capemgr.enable_partno=BB-GREEN-HDMI” line but it has not been effective.

I found multiple threads with information to disable the hdmi in beaglebone, but nothing about how to activate the hdmi cape. SeedStudio gives you a firmware but is out of date and I want to try to configure it for the last firmaware.

Can anyone give me some tip as to which way to go?

For this cape, you'll need to downgrade to 3.8.x:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.8.13-bone79
sudo reboot

I haven't got it working on v4.1.x yet..

Regards,

Ok Robert,

Thanks for the info

Its almost 2018… this cape still doesn’t work.

“zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_BONE_CAPEMGR” >>reports>> “CONFIG_BONE_CAPEMGR=y” Latest OS fully up to date: bone-debian-9.1-lxqt-armhf-2017-08-31-4gb.img

Yeah Seeed ported it to v4.4.x.

It needs someone to write and push a real DRM driver to mainline. ( The chipset used is also on a few rockchip boards. )

Regards,

Its 2019… this cape still doesn’t work.

BB-GREEN-HDMI not loaded (not working) in 4.14

Its 2019... this cape still doesn't work.

You forgot to attach your kernel patch. :wink:

BB-GREEN-HDMI not loaded (not working) in 4.14

Use v4.4.x

Regards,

Thanks Robert,

My 4.14 is not patched.

If I use v4.4.x do I need a patch?

Thanks
Falk