BeagleBone opencv and image processing support?

Hi All,

I wanna work opencv and python on BeagleBone. I wonder which system may i prefer OS like ubuntu,angstrom or android?

is there anyone working image processing on BeagleBone?

i need some tutorial for opencv image processing on BeagleBone?

we will sent data from BeagleBone to pc.

ı’m waiting your answers

Regards from Turkey

Hello Eren,

I worked on a autonomous car project based on Beaglebone about a month ago. First of all I would like to recommend you not to use python. It consumes too much memory. So if you can, use C,C++. Both Ubuntu and Angstrom images are OK. I did not try android. But be careful that OpenCV libraries’ locations differ in Ubuntu 12.04 armhf image and Angstrom image. (https://wiki.linaro.org/OfficeofCTO/HardFloat/LinkerPathCallApr2012)

To install OpenCV, this would be enough I think → http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Building_OpenCV_for_ARM_Cortex-A8

After installing OpenCV, you can cross-compile your programs and start using them on BeagleBone.

Regards,
Amadeus

12 Ekim 2012 Cuma 21:17:43 UTC+3 tarihinde Eren Basturk yazdı:

I will try this steps

Thanks for help

12 Ekim 2012 Cuma 22:45:16 UTC+3 tarihinde amadeus yazdı:

Hello Im working on a machine vision project too.

I need to capture images based on a hardware sensor activation.
Do you have any experience in this?

I dont know also how to deploy opencv programs to the beaglebone.

Please any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank

Hi all…I want to perform Image processing tasks in BBB which runs Debian Linux… so I need to install OpenCV on BBB… It seems i should install cmake in prior… I dont have direct internet connection to my BBB… I tried to download OpenCV from github.com as a ZIP file and i copied it to BBB using pendrive…Can anyone please guide me how to install cmake on BBB?? i tried to download cmake and ended up in incomplete build… please help me … your ideas will be really appreciated

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

I want to use BBB for analog image processing. Iwant to take analog signal via with its analog inputs. Then ı want to convert it to digital.

Is it possible how can do it?

12 Ekim 2012 Cuma 21:17:43 UTC+3 tarihinde Eren Basturk yazdı: