BeagleBone /sys/class/pwm folder empty

Hi all,
I have just compiled the latest Angstrom for my Beaglebone A3 and when I ssh in and look in the /sys/class/pwm folder it is empty.

I am sure that the build I used before I rebuilt this one (maybe a few weeks ago) had the folder populated properly.

Is there something I need to do to get the “devices” back

I am using uImage-3.2-r10d+gitre8004dad869568692ca2a45c04e8464ce48cc4d7-beaglebone-20120422 and a systemd-image

Same thing here.

The /sys/class/pwm folder is empty after updating to the 3.2.14 kernel that was delivered via opkg. I restored a backed-up copy of the 3.2.13 kernel, and /sys/class/pwm is populated again.

Anyone know where the PWM file system is hiding?

Dan.

same here with BeagleBone. I just upgraded. Damn! is this a screw up or have files moved ?

`
root@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm# uname -a
Linux beaglebone 3.2.14 #1 Thu Apr 19 12:35:12 CEST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm# ls
root@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm#

`

Anything on this issue?

Hi,

Plz tell me from where did u get the Linux Kernel 3.2.13/14. Is it from kernel.org/pub.?

Thanks,
Rajiv

Install the .05.09 image

Koen,

I installed image Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-GNOME-eglibc-ipk-v2012.05-beaglebone-2012.05.09.img.xz from the Beaglebone demo files page (http://downloads.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beaglebone/).

The /sys/class/pwm folder is still empty.

The kernel version is now 3.2.16.

Can you shed some light on the problem? Is /sys/class/pwm still the correct location for the PWM file system? Should the file system be automatically created during the boot process?

Thanks,

Dan.

I thought that kernel was 3.2.17+

Same here, on Angstrom 3.2.14 empty PWM directory and PWM is not working anymore… :frowning:
Anyone knows what to do?

upgrade your kernel or image to 3.2.17

I noticed that kernel 3.2.18 was delivered when I ran opkg update today, and with that kernel the /sys/class/pwm folder is now being populated again. (This is with the 2012.05 image from http://downloads.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beaglebone/ – looks like that kernel version isn’t available for earlier images).

On the down side, the analog in ports have disappeared. They aren’t in /sys/devices/platform/tsc anymore (the tsc directory no longer exists). In fact, the ainN files aren’t anywhere in the /sys tree.

I believe that a change to the analog input handling was in the kernel roadmap. Has the analog input file system changed?

Dan.

I noticed that kernel 3.2.18 was delivered when I ran opkg update today, and with that kernel the /sys/class/pwm folder is now being populated again. (This is with the 2012.05 image from http://downloads.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beaglebone/ – looks like that kernel version isn’t available for earlier images).

On the down side, the analog in ports have disappeared. They aren’t in /sys/devices/platform/tsc anymore (the tsc directory no longer exists). In fact, the ainN files aren’t anywhere in the /sys tree.

Have you looked in /sys/devices/platform/omap/tsc ? I found them there with the kernel I’m using.

– Bas

Bas,

No, they aren’t in /sys/devices/platform/omap/tsc either – actually, the tsc directory is no longer there. I think they moved to this directory in 3.2.14, but it looks like they’ve moved again.

I also checked the analog in directory used by bonescript, /sys/bus/platform/devices/tsc: again, no tsc directory.

Dan.

Bas,

No, they aren’t in /sys/devices/platform/omap/tsc either – actually, the tsc directory is no longer there. I think they moved to this directory in 3.2.14, but it looks like they’ve moved again.

I also checked the analog in directory used by bonescript, /sys/bus/platform/devices/tsc: again, no tsc directory.

Dan.

Can you send me the bootlog by pm?

– Bas

Bas,

No, they aren't in /sys/devices/platform/omap/tsc either -- actually, the tsc directory is no longer there. I think they moved to this directory in 3.2.14, but it looks like they've moved again.

Make sure you have at least 3.2.18-r12c, the previous ones only give you AIN nodes with a specfic arangement of cape addresses, 12c fixed that. It should online in the feeds in a few minutes

regards,

Koen

Yes, that fixed it. I upgraded the kernel to 3.2.18-r12c, and the analog in ports are back, in /sys/devices/platform/omap/tsc.

Thanks,

Dan.

I build image from ti-sdk-am335x-evm-05.07.00.00 with and PWM support enable in menuconfig. /sys/class/pwm folder is empty to…
How I can set PWM support in this sdk?